Asterisk as external VM with SIP

cwsonline

Asterisk as external VM with SIP

Post by cwsonline »

I have been trying to use Asterisk as external voice mail with the OXE using SIP but I am struggling with some of the key configuration. I have the SIP trunk group and Voice Mail directory number configured but the calls to Asterisk all arrive as an unknown peer regardless of what I add into sip.conf. I have tried with and without authentication but I see no evidence in Asterisk that it is authenticating. Could someone please show me a sample configuration for this? I would really appreciate it. Thank you.
tincho.rn
Alcatel Unleashed Certified Guru

Post by tincho.rn »

Hi. If you create the VM directory, it is like creating a SIP user. So Asterisk should register into OXE. Then in mgr->SIP->SIP GW / SIP proxy configure SIP basic configuration (and you have to decalre the "main" sip TG).
Check that * register into OXE: sipregister
Show this command output to us. And make some traces: $>cd /usr2/servers; motortrace 2; traced > /tmp/tracefile.log
Regards
cwsonline

Post by cwsonline »

Thank you. I am working on testing this now. I was thinking about this backwards as I was expecting the OXE to register with Asterisk. I can now see Asterisk attempting to register with OXE but I am getting:

Code: Select all

SIP/2.0 423 Registration Too Brief
Min-Expires: 1200
To: <sip:01909952@10.250.18.13>;tag=73331cbcafdf523e58cf6172e482ebce
Call-ID: 57fbd17245d0b42777e87f0a3c55bafe@10.72.72.223
CSeq: 136 REGISTER
Via: SIP/2.0/UDP 10.72.72.223:5060;received=10.72.72.223;branch=z9hG4bK1c528b96;rport=5060
Content-Length: 0
Does this mean that I need to decrease SIP Subscribe Min Duration : 1800 under SIP/SIP Gateway on the OXE to be 1200 or lower?

Thank you for your help.
cwsonline

Post by cwsonline »

I was able to reduce the value SIP Min Expiration Date under SIP/SIP Registrar on the OXE. I can now see Asterisk registering with the OXE. Now I will move on to the SIP proxy config you suggested. Thanks again!
cwsonline

Post by cwsonline »

I do now see Asterisk registering with the OXE. I can enter the Voice Mail Dir Num as the user's voice mail directory number and try to reach the voice mail. The only response I receive from Asterisk is that the number I am trying to reach is not in service. I think at this point I need to declare a proper context on Asterisk and create some form of dialplan to route these calls to voice mail. Sorry for all the questions. Until now I had only been using the OXE for incoming and outgoing calls with H.323. I have attached two traces. One from OXE and one from Asterisk. These are both of the same call. The user has simply pressed their voice mail key. I appreciate the help.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
tot3nkopf

Post by tot3nkopf »

If you call directly the VM Asterisk number from OXE what happens?
cwsonline

Post by cwsonline »

Do you mean the External Voice Mail dir number that I declared on the OXE? When I call this I only receive "The number you have dialed is not in service." voice guide from Asterisk.
tot3nkopf

Post by tot3nkopf »

cwsonline wrote:Do you mean the External Voice Mail dir number that I declared on the OXE? When I call this I only receive "The number you have dialed is not in service." voice guide from Asterisk.

So probably you have a problem with inboud routes in Asterisk.

Return to “Asterisk”