Unable to receive calls on our DIDs

DjeSan

Unable to receive calls on our DIDs

Post by DjeSan »

Hello
I have an oxe 4400 R10 and today, we were having problems with our DID numbers, the calls work normally, but when we try to call us from outside, impossible to receive a call, I tried a "Bascul" (from Cpua to Cpub) and then it worked again, Then I tried another toggle and still the same problem and another one, when I try to dial a number on my 4039 it asks me directly to "please hang up" I don't understand a word.
I've done another switchover because the numbers created from the Cpua don't appear in the CpuB and I'd like to know how to make the database of the two Cpus consistent please and how to solve the problems with DID calls too thank you.
frank
Alcatel Unleashed Certified Guru

Re: Unable to receive calls on our DIDs

Post by frank »

On which ever CPU which is not working:
- Swinst menu, stop the phone application
- Reconnect after the reboot of the cpu, then prep the cpu for auto start=ON
- back at the command line, enter the command mastercopy -s IP_Address_of_other_CPU

Let it do its thing, it will start up at the end, and both your CPU will have sync database.

Use twin command to make sure everything is OK before you do another bascul or test anything.
Code Free Or Die
DjeSan

Post by DjeSan »

Thanks, but there's a grey area
1 - do I need to check that autostart is enabled or disabled?
2 - after that, I put a stop to the phone application
3 - I manually restart the OXE?
4 - then, on the command line, I run the command mastercopy -s IP_Address_of_other_CPU (the address of the Cpu being that of the main one, as I'm currently using the standby one) and let it run, is that correct?
I want to be sure of everything, as I'm about to run the command now
frank

Post by frank »

On the faulty CPU:
swinst, menu 1, menu 7 to stop the phone application. The CPU will reboot.

Once it rebooted,
swinst, menu 6, menu 2, menu 1 (auto start = ON on both CPU)

Back on the command line:
mastercopy -s ip_of_working_cpu (local or main)

The faulty CPU will sync the database, and automatically start the phone system.

On the running CPU, enter the command twin to look at the status of the 2 cpu.
it might take 5, 10, or even 15 minutes before all fields say OK

Once it says OK, reboot the MAIN cpu
Run your tests. Do not change anything while the rebooted MAIN cpu is not fully back only as a backup (use TWIN command to check)
Once twin shows all OK, to another reboot on the newly main CPU
Code Free Or Die
DjeSan

Post by DjeSan »

Thank you very much. I have one last question, since we also manage a call center and a helpdesk, and I'd like to know whether some workstations will stop working, or whether I can do this during working hours or just after the two restarts, everything will be OK straight away.
frank

Post by frank »

During the time of your synchronization, no change will be allowed to be made in the system. Call center operators won't be able to log in, log out.
Anything else will work as normal. While the 2 CPU are not in sync (command twin), it is highly NOT recommended to make any change.
Code Free Or Die
DjeSan

Post by DjeSan »

Thank you I will try tomorrow at the end of the day and I will tell you if it works it is quite complicated for me who does not speak English I am trying to translate and understand well thank you however I could send you my software locks and tell you what can I do according to this Alcatel-Lucent OmniPCX Enterprise Services system.pdf document?

Return to “Alcatel-Lucent Series 8&9”