L2 Multicast

mohdumer

L2 Multicast

Post by mohdumer »

Dear Support team.
There are total 16 Access switches (OS6560), 2 distribution switches(OS6900) and 2 core switches(OS9907) in the network. Its a 3-Tier architecture. 2 Access switches are in Virtual Chassis on each floor of the building. Distribution and Core switches are also configured in Virtual chassis. 2 Uplinks from Access switches are configured in LINKAGG in a way 1 fiber link from primary switch and 1 fiber link from secondary switch towards Distribution switches. In same way the connectivity is done from Distribution switches towards Core Switches.
On Master Access switch in VC all ports are configured for IPTV and all ports on slave switch are configured for IP Telephone.
On uplinks VLANS for IPTV and IP Telephone are kept as tagged.
The configuration for IPTV on Access/Distribution/Core Switches is done as below:
ip multicast querier-forwarding enable
ip multicast vlan 490 admin-state enable

The issue currently that i am facing is that whenever there is a load i.e all the IPTV are streaming there is delay in the streaming.
Secondly it does not changes the channel immediately as seen from wire shark logs, even zapping is also configured on switches.

Kindly guide me if there is any additional config required to be done on switches, else guide to troubleshot the issue.

Return to “OmniSwitch 6560”