Fault Agent on ACD

vianez

Fault Agent on ACD

Post by vianez »

Hello everyone,

I hope this message finds you well. I am reaching out to the community in the hopes that someone may be able to shed some light on an issue that we have been experiencing with our softphone software.

Specifically, we have been noticing that the softphone in the desktop computer occasionally fails to respond and does not realize that it has been disconnected. This triggers a fault in the ACD_agent.log file in our central phone system, and we are struggling to identify the root cause of the problem. Unfortunately, we do not have any other technical information that we can provide to replicate or diagnose the issue.

Has anyone else experienced this type of problem with their softphone software? If so, could you please share any insights or suggestions that you may have?

Thank you in advance for your help.
oldboy
Alcatel Unleashed Certified Guru
Alcatel Unleashed Certified Guru

Re: Fault Agent on ACD

Post by oldboy »

Timer 386 greater than 0 after timer expires agent is logged out after it is disconnect.

But it will depend on your software version of the PABX
"Be aware ask a stupid question without at least trying to find the answer first you may get a stupid answer....."
vianez

Re: Fault Agent on ACD

Post by vianez »

Hello Oldboy, thank you for your response.

I think that the timer already has a default value greater than 0 because disconnection normally occurs. (How can I verify what value is set? We do not know how to access the database.)

If a softphone disconnects due to a network interruption, the PBX logs it out. The issue is that when the softphone crashes, the user may not realize that it is not working correctly because it is not connected to the PBX.

When the softphone crashes, the user does not notice anything strange on the screen. The application continues to function properly and does not recognize that there has been some sort of disconnection from the PBX. (Is the PBX getting disconnected or is the softphone crashing? We are unable to diagnose it.)

In order to connect to the PBX, we use the OMC software. Is this the correct approach? Currently, we are unable to find an Alcatel partner in our area who can provide us with support, and we are forced to manage on our own.

Return to “Ip Desktop Softphone”