remove confuration parameters by means of a script.

Rens_DUP

Re: remove confuration parameters by means of a script.

Post by Rens_DUP »

Code: Select all

Tsc Ip User         
   Node   Users   Directory Number   Set Type   Voice Coding Algorithm   Terminal Ethernet Address   IP Address   IP Domain Number   Use of volume in system   Local volume (dB)    IP-Softphone Emulation   Reset For Update Authorized   
   Oxe   2700   2700   4037 (4035 & TSC IP)   Default      Unused   0   YES      NO   YES
When I use this I get no error messages but the mac address says. Deleting the uses with the dash command generates also the same error message as before.

Am I doing something wrong?
tgn_DUP

Post by tgn_DUP »

Rens wrote:

Tsc Ip User         
   Node   Users   Directory Number   Set Type   Voice Coding Algorithm   Terminal Ethernet Address   IP Address   IP Domain Number   Use of volume in system   Local volume (dB)    IP-Softphone Emulation   Reset For Update Authorized   
   Oxe   2700   2700   4037 (4035 & TSC IP)   Default      Unused   0   YES      NO   YES
When I use this I get no error messages but the mac address says. Deleting the uses with the dash command generates also the same error message as before.

Am I doing something wrong?
try to use

""
as blank macaddress or ...
macaddresses different from other mac-addresses(unused in oxe).

regards...
-------------------------------------------------
...........back...............................
......................to........................
.............................basic............
-------------------------------------------------
Rens_DUP

Post by Rens_DUP »

When using the double quotes

""
An error message is generated about the illegal characters used.

When using the fake mac address this is working. However the extension doesn't become free. I'm not able to log in from the extension.
goldy

Post by goldy »

Here is the files I used for an example, hope this helps :)
#####without mac address#####
TSC IP User
Node Users Directory Number Set Type Voice Coding Algorithm Terminal Ethernet Address IP Address IP Domain Number Use of volume in system Local Volume (dB) IP-Softphone Emulation Reset For Update Authorized
Lab 1 86857 86857 MULTIMEDIA PC 2 Default 131.181.42.113 0 YES YES

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

#####with mac address#####

TSC IP User
Node Users Directory Number Set Type Voice Coding Algorithm Terminal Ethernet Address IP Address IP Domain Number Use of volume in system Local Volume (dB) IP-Softphone Emulation Reset For Update Authorized
Lab 1 86857 86857 MULTIMEDIA PC 2 Default 00:00:00:08:68:57 131.181.42.113 0 YES YES
Rens_DUP

Post by Rens_DUP »

Doesn't seem to work for me. What version of Omnivista 4760 and what version of the OXE are you using?

Are you testing this with the Omnivista 4760 at all? :? I've just been looking at the 4760i and guess what. Leaving the mac address field empty is now working. The dash command (-) in front of a entry, also working.

So I'm affraid the commands which can be used in a script on the 4760i aren't compatible with Omnivista 4760. :(

Someone who has expencied this before and has a solution?
goldy

Post by goldy »

Rens,

Yes, I am testing with Omnivista 4760 Versions 3.2 & 4.2.

If you meant for this to be used in 4760i, you need to specify this in you request!!
Rens_DUP

Post by Rens_DUP »

Hello Goldy,

I guess you don't under stand me. I want to use this script with Omnivista 4760 release 4.2. With Omnivista 4760 I'm able to schedule the commands.

What I didn't understand is why it is working for you and tgn (the dash and leaving the field empty) and not working for me.
So I took the files you posted and tested them with the Omnivista 4760 R4.2. Result again not working. On the other hand when I take the files and use the 4760i it is working.

So I know it must be something with my installation if you tell me it is working for you with Omnivista 4760 R3.2 as well as Release 4.2.

quite strange isn't it? What language and regional settings of omnivista are you using?
The version I've been testing with is version 4.2.06.02.a

Regards,

Rens
goldy

Post by goldy »

Ahh yes, makes more sense now 8)

what pcx version are you using?

when you used my posted files, did you change the pcx name for import? My guess would be yes

Do you get any errors on import?

Scheduled import, or immediate?

I am in Australia, us English i think.

Did you use any progrma to open the file, excel or such? maybe the format is not good for import :?: :?:

let me know
Rens_DUP

Post by Rens_DUP »

I've tested it with omnivista 4760 release 4.2. On oxe version 7.1 and release 8.0 (g1.302.5). Both the same result.

When importing the file with the mac address it updates the field according the text file. When importing the file without the mac addres it doesn't update anything. The mac address field is still the same. In both cases I've used the immediate import function. So I suppose the files would be correct.

Here in the Netherlands I'm also using English US. But I've justed tested it with English UK. Also no luck. The dash gives me an error message (Cannot retrieve node value at line {0}, column {1}.)

When importing the file without the mac address I get the following:
[9:24:19 AM] > Performing first pass on C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\be-nomac-test.txt ...
[9:24:24 AM] > Performing first pass ...
[9:24:24 AM] > Import pass 1...
[9:24:24 AM] > Import of 'TSC IP User' class
[9:24:25 AM] > End of Import
[9:24:26 AM] > End of Import

And the mac address field is still the same.
Rens_DUP

Post by Rens_DUP »

Hello Goldy,

I've just tested the script with omnivista release 3.2.05.00.b. This is working :D.
Now getting it working on release 4.2. :? Which version of 4.2 are you using?

Regards,

Rens

Return to “OmniVista 4760”