extra GD for redundancy

Ask your questions, regarding data or voice!
fery_s

extra GD for redundancy

Post by fery_s »

Hello everybody,
I want to know, is it posible to configure an extra GD for redundancy purpose in actis ? I can not find any option for it in actis.
I mean when GD goes out of servie ip phones can working with second. I know that is posible to add an extra shelf and board manualy in OXE but I wand to see the also in actis.

Thanks for your advice
vad
Alcatel Unleashed Certified Guru

Re: extra GD for redundancy

Post by vad »

Not clear. Why you need extra GD for IP phones. For IP phones you need CS/CPU working.
fery_s

Post by fery_s »

vad wrote: 14 Jan 2021 03:21 Not clear. Why you need extra GD for IP phones. For IP phones you need CS/CPU working.
Thanks for your answer
because I have also Sip Trunk and Sip Extentions and if GD goes out of Service ,also Sip trunk goes out of service and IP phones (NOE) can not speak to SIP phones or external
vad

Post by vad »

I think - backup GD - not possible (GD shall be installed in slot 0 - power control, switching....).
And again - for SIP phones and SIP trunk - you need CS working. Signaling path - phones-CS, voice path - used direct RTP (SIP-GW - phones).
I think you need GD - if used TDM phones and resourses (like voice guides, conference).
fery_s

Post by fery_s »

vad wrote: 14 Jan 2021 23:46 I think - backup GD - not possible (GD shall be installed in slot 0 - power control, switching....).
And again - for SIP phones and SIP trunk - you need CS working. Signaling path - phones-CS, voice path - used direct RTP (SIP-GW - phones).
I think you need GD - if used TDM phones and resourses (like voice guides, conference).
yes , I mean I want to install a new shelf with GD because in my last experience even in direct RTP and using G711 codect calling from NOE to SIP is not Posible without GD.
SIP to SIP working , NOE to NOE working but NOE to SIP or reverse not working. I did not test that in release after 11.2 but in R11.2 and R10.0 and also R9.0 I had this Issu.
oldboy

Post by oldboy »

Can you get access to VMware on site ??? just install an OMS!
"Be aware ask a stupid question without at least trying to find the answer first you may get a stupid answer....."
morio

Post by morio »

if you are using looking for a full redundant back up. you can use two cpu's and two GDs with two deferent ranks. cpu redundancy is under license. note that if your main rack is 1 ans the rack 1 goes out of service only our ip sets and ip trunk will work with the redundant cpu and rack. all TDM sets connected in rack 1 will be down.
fery_s

Post by fery_s »

morio wrote: 19 Jan 2021 14:10 if you are using looking for a full redundant back up. you can use two cpu's and two GDs with two deferent ranks. cpu redundancy is under license. note that if your main rack is 1 ans the rack 1 goes out of service only our ip sets and ip trunk will work with the redundant cpu and rack. all TDM sets connected in rack 1 will be down.
Thanks for your reply,as i explained I have no problem with CPU redundancy and installation another shelf with extra GD , I just want to add this extra GD in License file with ACTIS
vad

Post by vad »

Not clear. GD not controlled by license file.
If you need additional GD - just add via "add harware" (GD will be present in order, but not in configuration).
mustafa.ahmad

Post by mustafa.ahmad »

See , you want to configure an extra GD automatically , so you will need to add that many extensions or interface boards so that 3 shelves get occupied and the need for 4th shelf arises. later on ordering, you can remove from the hardware the MEX , Extra Shelves, cards etc.

OR

there is also an option to add another location, you can add one more IP MG with few extensions , then you can get extra GD in the licences.

Return to “Pre-Sales”