Message Waiting Lamp Not Work

hackcow

Message Waiting Lamp Not Work

Post by hackcow »

Hi,

I have a oxe R11.2, use analog phone branch "COTEL" FG1088A as Guest deskphone.
I configure *56 for Message deposit and #56 for Switch Message led OFF.

From a digital phone, I press *56 + guest number, I see the "message left" notification (it mean ok). When pickup the guest phone, I heard "you have a call back" (it mean OK). But I did't see the Message Led ON

This Cotel Phone I used in other site, working both of OXE R11 and R12. So I think pbx maybe problem, not phone. I guess cause of a SLI16-2 analog card. But all SLI16-2 cards have a same issue. So I focus root cause of a parameter of SLI16-2 card. I changed something but not affected.
(In other site, I have OXE ACT28 with EZ32-2, I set default Z-board parameter and MWI is work well.)

Also, I tried to use AHL simulator, interface with OXE, send a Message deposit over PMS link, but still not work.

Does anyone have advise for me?

Regards!
oldboy
Alcatel Unleashed Certified Guru

Re: Message Waiting Lamp Not Work

Post by oldboy »

Have you turned Message Wait in the user to True?
"Be aware ask a stupid question without at least trying to find the answer first you may get a stupid answer....."
hackcow

Post by hackcow »

Yes, I did it first. In User I set Message LED : TRUE
oldboy

Post by oldboy »

Another thing i have found in the past is the polarity of the pair of wires, this is painful but i have had this issue before
"Be aware ask a stupid question without at least trying to find the answer first you may get a stupid answer....."
hackcow

Post by hackcow »

Could you please tell me details of the polarity?
oldboy

Post by oldboy »

?? just swap the pairs going to the phone and see if that works, do you have another model analog to try?
hackcow

Post by hackcow »

Swap pair, not work
Try to Cetic phone, not work

In Board slot, I tried to set "Send Init Dynamic Msg" to TRUE and "Para by default" to FALSE. Then go to "Go Down" , Dynamic Init Parameter, I set P0 P1 P2 P3 is 3 2 255 255, follow as Alcatel Document message led for SLI16-2. But still not work.

I'm really stuck.
hackcow

Post by hackcow »

It worked right now. Follow Doc R12, MWI control, SLI16-2
junoooni

Post by junoooni »

Hi.

i have problem with Cotell connected to eZ32 on OXE 12.3 integrated with 3rd party voicemail over SIP trunk... MWI turns on when messgae left but it doesnt turn off once messages are retrieved. any idea?
hatrunghau

Post by hatrunghau »

Hi Hackcow,
Could you let me know do we have to already voicemail server before the testing MWL function?
Thanks you so much for your information response

hackcow wrote: 01 Sep 2019 07:55 Hi,

I have a oxe R11.2, use analog phone branch "COTEL" FG1088A as Guest deskphone.
I configure *56 for Message deposit and #56 for Switch Message led OFF.

From a digital phone, I press *56 + guest number, I see the "message left" notification (it mean ok). When pickup the guest phone, I heard "you have a call back" (it mean OK). But I did't see the Message Led ON

This Cotel Phone I used in other site, working both of OXE R11 and R12. So I think pbx maybe problem, not phone. I guess cause of a SLI16-2 analog card. But all SLI16-2 cards have a same issue. So I focus root cause of a parameter of SLI16-2 card. I changed something but not affected.
(In other site, I have OXE ACT28 with EZ32-2, I set default Z-board parameter and MWI is work well.)

Also, I tried to use AHL simulator, interface with OXE, send a Message deposit over PMS link, but still not work.

Does anyone have advise for me?

Regards!

Return to “Application”