OS6450-P10L Stacking

alcask

OS6450-P10L Stacking

Post by alcask »

Hi,

I'm testing two 6450-P10L units and I would like to put them in a stack configuration. Is a specific stack cable required for that ? or the stack can be set up with 4 mini-Gbic SFP SX ? Documentation says "SFP fixed fiber interfaces support only gigabit SFP transceivers or SFP stacking cable" but maybe I misunderstand this point because I'm not seeing link status between 1STKA/2STKB and 2STKA/1STKB when I'm using SFP.

Thanks for helping

Regards,

sk
devnull
Alcatel Unleashed Certified Guru

Re: OS6450-P10L Stacking

Post by devnull »

I must admit i never had 6450P10, but all other 6450 use the "normal" Direct Attached Copper Cables. According to the Hardware Guide the 10 Port Models do not support stacking, so i'm not sure whther you will have fun with that..
silvio

Post by silvio »

I have heard that the stacking for 10-port-modells will available in future releases. It's different to 24/48port.
So actuall you can use the switches only standalone.
regards
Silvio
mhrahmanpt

Post by mhrahmanpt »

i am using 645010p ,but not in stack and am not aware about that. i heard that which is stackable.
in addition.. kindly let me know if any one of you facing issue, crashing os or switch goes down unexpectedly ,, my 7 6450 out of 10 is gone down after in productoin for one to three month..
issue 1: switch is down, and cli showing that kernal:certified> , how to solve it. kindl assist me.
issue 2:even cli is not getting after it is down..

we have almost 100 swich of 6850p24 and 48 and connected backbobe of 9700 where configured ospf..

i hope some of you, will share your exp on 6450 10p.. so that i can finalise, that this issue is belongs to me only..

thansk all.. happy to contact you..

musthafa habeeb :)
alcask

Post by alcask »

Thanks for your replies.

Hardware seems to be "stack aware" because I've two port named STKA/STKB on each OS6450-P10L unit. About software, I'm getting a result for "show stack topology" command (but saying that I've no stack). I've not any direct attached stack cable to test further and the only way I've is with fiber SFP ; but it doesn't work (no link status in the stack topology"). Documentation is not clear about that or I don't understand the way to do.

--
SK
silvio

Post by silvio »

I have also tested it today with 6450-10. You can check your mode standalone or stack with >show stack mode and change it with >stack set slot 1 mode .....

In stack-mode I have changed the slot with > stack set slot 1 saved-slot 2 und have used a DAC like for 6450-2/48 ... but no link.
So we have to wait for next release (maybe 6.6.4 ???). Than it should work with 5G.
regards
Silvio

Return to “OmniSwitch 6450”