Time Zone Problem with Onmivista

cayassir

Time Zone Problem with Onmivista

Post by cayassir »

Hi,

Does anyone knows where the Omnivista 4760 gets the time?

In my country (Venezuela) we changed the time zone from -4:00GMT to -4:30GMT. I changed the time zone in the computer (Win XP) where Omnivista Server is installed. Now the time that shows the OmniVista is all wrong 5:30 hours ahead but the computer shows the rigth time.

I will appreciate some help
AquaFresh

Re: Time Zone Problem with Onmivista

Post by AquaFresh »

I looks like OV is using UTC time, we had the same issues, installing the latest release (we use OV2500) 3.4.1 solved it, it uses the server system.
corwin

Re: Time Zone Problem with Onmivista: Venezuela

Post by corwin »

This issue has been reported a few weeks ago
this is due to JRE version

Java read timezone system option and then compute the right time
there is a complex fix for this issue
first you will have to update the timezone module of java, so the timezone for venezuela will be present

then there will be a second issue that JRE mix to Timezone when reading system information
the only workaround will be to force in runnmc.bat the usage of Venezuela TimeZone
I strongly suggest you call the hot line for the workaround

anyway here the SUNE ONE URL for the JRE fix
If the JRE Version is less than 6.4 (JRE 1.6.0_4) and in your PC if you have seperate timezone for caracus (caracas). GMT -4.30 then TZupdater tool has to be installed.

You can download it from below link.
http://java.sun.com/javase/tzupdater_README.html

and here the change in runnmc.bat to apply (add option :-Duser.timezone=America/Caracas)

echo Launch : {C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_03\bin\javaw.exe" -Xmx512m -DJNORESPONSETIMEOUT=300000 -DJUSEDMEM=512 -Xincgc -classpath %CLASSPATH%} ...

START /B "" "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_03\bin\javaw.exe" -Duser.timezone=America/Caracas -Xmx512m -DJNORESPONSETIMEOUT=300000 -DJUSEDMEM=512 -Xincgc -classpath %CLASSPATH%
if "%1"=="--debug" goto ExitBatch

this will be definitively fixed when 4760 will change the JRE version to one that incorporate the complet fix

Return to “OmniVista 4760”