ALCATEL 8028s premium reboot looping

RBARRE

ALCATEL 8028s premium reboot looping

Post by RBARRE »

Hello,

I am contacting you because we are experiencing problems with the installation of new ALCATEL phones at our customer's site.

We have recently installed the following items at our customer's site which are working without any problems by an expert.
- OXO Alcatel R5 connect
- x9 ALCATEL 8018
- x1 ALCATEL 8058s

However, the customer did not want this type of phone and we have to replace them with ALCATEL 8028s premium that we received later.

I have tried to provision them on the OXO, on the advice of an expert, they come up well on the server but they restart in a loop once they have been provisioned all the time (step 1 to 5 then restart).
I tried to do a factory reset but they ask for a password that I can't find on the official phone documentation.

Here are the other actions performed:
- Test with a second phone of the same brand -> NOK
- Test to remove it on the server and put it back -> NOK
- Test of disconnection / reconnection -> NOK
- Update firmware -> I could not send with the TFTP server
- Check of the IP -> They are well in DHCP Alcatel with the same configurations as those that work (They have IPv4 different of the current phones but same Gateway, DHCP, DNS...)
- Check of the version -> Image attached

I can't attach other pictures (HTTP error :( )

Have you already encountered this kind of problem ?

Regards,
Raphaelle
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
RBARRE

Re: ALCATEL 8028s premium reboot looping

Post by RBARRE »

Hello,

I went back to the site with an expert and it turns out that I had not taken into account the fact that the previous phone had to be erased for the new phone to take its place.
Indeed, each phone consumes a license.
If you have 10 licenses with 10 phones, the 11th will never take and will restart in a loop.

Thanks to you anyway!

Regards,
Raphaëlle
frank
Alcatel Unleashed Certified Guru
Alcatel Unleashed Certified Guru

Re: ALCATEL 8028s premium reboot looping

Post by frank »

Thanks for the update!
Code Free Or Die

Return to “Beginner's questions about the Common Hardware”