Captive portal configuration

LukasAdventus

Captive portal configuration

Post by LukasAdventus »

Hello, Guys!

I am configuring captive portal using OV 2500 NMS R4.4. I am doing step by step configuration following the manual, but i cant assign it to switches, when i try to do that switch picker and topology app does not show any switches to assign it to. But i have switches added to my OV and i can configure them successfully via OV. Also i have watched many videos on this topic, but nothing seems to work. Closest i get to what i want, that SSID is created and when i connect to that SSID i get the IP address correctly but it does not redirect me to CP for authentication. Is there anything to be done in switch config for example to allow redirect or in OV ? I will be using OV internal UPAM Radius for this matter, i have all profiles configured, allowing them to redirect users to CP for authentication.

I am using OV 2500 NSM R4.4; OS6450 and Stellar AP1221 for this network.

Captive Portal will be used for guest authentication and employee BYOD.

Thanks in advance!
LukasAdventus

Re: Captive portal configuration

Post by LukasAdventus »

I have solved this problem, the problem was that AP soft version was too old to be used with OV R4.4 R1 GA build and it couldnt resolve the DNS.

But now i have couple other questions, maybe someone knows if access code or password length can be altered for guest acc, when i am doing a batch creation ?

Earlier I have created one temporary SSID for testing purposes. I created it via unified access -> template -> WLAN service (expert). Now I don’t need it anymore and I have deleted it, but it is still showing in Access Points and I can connect to it and browse internet. Also in OV i can still see it on AP’s, but there is nothing in the WLAN service window.

Is there any way to update access points or flush their cache, so it would delete that SSID or some other way to get rid of it?
ymilner

Post by ymilner »

To delete SSID and other things configured via expert configuration, you need to go to device configuration under templates.
In general try to avoid using the expert configuration screens, this is deprecated in favor of new SSID application.
securitycol

Post by securitycol »

LukasAdventus wrote: 04 Dec 2019 07:34 I have solved this problem, the problem was that AP soft version was too old to be used with OV R4.4 R1 GA build and it couldnt resolve the DNS.
Hello guy,

What version do you upgrade ap 1221?

I have a OV R4.5 and AP1221, and have the same problem i configured captive portal but when I join to ssid not load it couldnt resolve dns.
LukasAdventus

Post by LukasAdventus »

securitycol wrote: 18 May 2020 23:43
LukasAdventus wrote: 04 Dec 2019 07:34 I have solved this problem, the problem was that AP soft version was too old to be used with OV R4.4 R1 GA build and it couldnt resolve the DNS.
Hello guy,

What version do you upgrade ap 1221?

I have a OV R4.5 and AP1221, and have the same problem i configured captive portal but when I join to ssid not load it couldnt resolve dns.

Just update your AP's to the newest release that is available. New one came out not long ago :) And it has some cool features like RAP and so on :)

Return to “OmniVista 2500 v4.x”