Alcatel OmniPCX office small; outgoing calls not possible

TheHermann

Alcatel OmniPCX office small; outgoing calls not possible

Post by TheHermann »

Hello everybody,
recently I bought an Alcatel OmniPCx Office Small PBX (private household). Since I already have some experience with this system, I have configured the good piece to the best of my knowledge. The system is equipped with a CPU2 incl. DECT license and is connected to the ISDN port of my FritzBox router (ISDN was set up). The numbering plans (internal and external) are set up as well as the subscriber / base station list (numbers, buttons, LM, etc.), main groups, hunt groups and speed dials. The participants who have to respond to an incoming call do their job. So far, so good. Everything is working very well.

The only problem are outgoing calls. I choose as defined, the 0 and the "dial tone" sounds. As soon as I enter the phone-number or call speed dials, my phone (4039) tells me "not possible". I have rummaged through the program (OMC 30.0.17.1a) with its many sub-items and unfortunately I am not able to explain this circumstance. Do I have to adjust something in the automatic route search?
Unfortunately, I am not familiar with the full configuration diversity of these systems, but I hope that the members of this forum can help me with my problem.
If further details are needed, I will gladly send them. I look forward to tips or advice on how to proceed.

Best regards,
TheHermann
vad
Alcatel Unleashed Certified Guru

Re: Alcatel OmniPCX office small; outgoing calls not possible

Post by vad »

1 - you use ARS or TG seizure prefixes?
2 - check in user and TG - barring and sharing.

Sharing - can user use TG or not
Barring - what user can dial via TG
KoenC

Post by KoenC »

Hi,

Did you trace it out? Use the ISDN trace in the PBX to check what numbers you send to your Fritzbox.
Sometimes, if the timers are not set correctly, the PBX sends the numbers too early (even before you finished dialling)

So you should check if you use your 'End of dialing table' (if not, try it):

GoTo:
- OMC > Numbering > End of dialing Table
- fill in the prefix 0 and then the # of digits you use on your external numbers

The PBX will then wait until you formed the # of digits of the external number before he sends it to the PSTN.
If the PBX sends it earlier, the PSTN will not recognize the number as a half dialed phone number...

Good luck.
Grts,
Koen
If I'm ever on life support, unplug me. Then plug me back in, see if that works...
TheHermann

Post by TheHermann »

Good evening Koen and Vad,
thank you verry much for your answeres.
To Vad: Unfortunatelly I don't know what you mean with ARS and TG. Could you write it out?
To Koen: A big thanks for your detailed description, tomorrow I'll try it out and report if it worked.

Greetings,
TheHermann
vad

Post by vad »

You can make outgoing call via TG (trunk groups) in two way:
Main|Secondary trunk group prefix, or
ARS (Automatic Route Selection).
TheHermann

Post by TheHermann »

Good evening,
I've got the solution, give me one Day to try out if it's fully working :D
And now I can tell you (Vad), that I'm using TG. I didn't know that you mean Trunk groups. I did never use the english word for this.
By the way, did anyone of you guys know how to activate the transfer of phone numbers in the PBX? I think it's called "clip no screening".

Greetings,
TheHermann
KoenC

Post by KoenC »

Hi TheHermann,

CLIP no Screening is only possible if your telephony service provider allows it.
Often they refer to this feature as 'CLIP SPOOFING'...
If they allow it, you can try to configure it as below:

For activating CLIP no Screening you can put the PBX in 'rerouting'
- OMC > System Miscellaneous > Feature Design > Part 3
- Put the 'external diversion mode' from joining (by default) in Re-routing
- Test it

Good Luck.
Grts
If I'm ever on life support, unplug me. Then plug me back in, see if that works...

Return to “Beginner's questions about the OmniPCX OFFICE”