Longest Uptimes running VC on your 10K?

dab0neman

Longest Uptimes running VC on your 10K?

Post by dab0neman »

We're in the middle of transitioning our core network from Cisco to Alcatel-Lucent. We received our 10Ks in late October 2013 and have slowly transitioned our enterprise class network to them. In this time, we have experienced at least 3 failures requiring reboots of our chassis. Most these happened while we were trying to reconfigure and/or move our networks from Cisco to Alcatel. Our latest failure was a software upgrade which, of course, requires rebooting so that was expected. What wasn't expected was the inability to upgrade our OS. We know that the OS is Linux based and usually those boxes run a long long time before needing a reboot. Suffice to say, we're a little freaked. I think I know the answer but is this normal for the rest of you running 10Ks?
devnull
Alcatel Unleashed Certified Guru

Re: Longest Uptimes running VC on your 10K?

Post by devnull »

We have a OS10k at customers site, which runs fine so far, but we experiences problems with issu, resulting in a reboot.
Once running we have not had any bigger issues so far.
ydeschoe

Post by ydeschoe »

All,

our plan is to do the upgrade to VC of the 1st pair at the end of this month and the 2nd pair 2 weeks later.

which version are you using, we will be using the 7.3.2.439.R01 and hope that this will be stable as this is our DC which can't effort any downtime's as this is a global site.
devnull

Post by devnull »

I would go to the current release (7.3.2.469) which includes some more patches and a fix for heartbleed.
But i have no experience with this atm..

Return to “OmniSwitch 10k”