End of dialing table

R4+Z

End of dialing table

Post by R4+Z »

Ok so I am a novice on the Alcatel OXO and due to Sip coming in and particularly one carrier's product being extensively used as a SIP to ISDN converter. I am finding long pauses post dialing, pre ringing. I see the End Of Dialing table as the cure for this but don't know how to make outgoing calls utilise this. Can anyone lead me by the nose through programming this please.
KoenC

Re: End of dialing table

Post by KoenC »

Hi R4+Z,

Have you tried tracing it out? It can also be the conversion to SIP which causes the delay in the call setup.
But your thoughts are correct: you can exclude the dialing setup time of the OXO of being the problem if you configure the end of dialing table.

1. Go to Numbering > End of Dialing Table
2. fill in the prefix (normally starting with a 0), so '0'
3. fill in the counter (# digits of a normal external phone number on your PSTN connection)
4. click 'Add'

After this, your PBX will wait for the number of digits you filled in (counter value), after pressing 0.
After the counter value is reached, the call will automatically be launched to the chosen external number by your PSTN connection.

Good luck.
If I'm ever on life support, unplug me. Then plug me back in, see if that works...

Return to “Configuration”