Message "Remote access to voicemail is currently locked"

Stelcom66

Message "Remote access to voicemail is currently locked"

Post by Stelcom66 »

I have a customer trying to access another mailbbox internally by calling the voicemail hunt group pilot 500. Using that method, and calling the main number to get the Auto Attendant and pressing #, then the mailbox the customer gets the prompt noted above. In our test system I have an option in Features - Part 3 'Mailbox remote consultation'. if I un-check that I can still access the mailbox from another ext., but not when calling into the Auto Attendant, I get a similar message, "Remote access is currently disabled"

The customer's Features - Part 3 'Mailbox remote consultation' is grayed out. I looked in many places, can't find where that system parameter could be enabled. Where would that setting be?
rkraehen

Re: Message "Remote access to voicemail is currently locked"

Post by rkraehen »

Normally when you dial the Hunting Group number including the voice mail ports, you are asked witch mailbox you want to consult and the associated password. In your case you probably had too many attempts with a wrong password for you mailbox. Go to the user and reset his password. To enable remote access to the General Mailbox, go to System Miscellaneous/Memory Read-Write/Other Label and check if "RmAcGenMbx" is set to 01 .

Return to “MAIN”