OXO restarts... because of e-mail notif. queue?

libexec

OXO restarts... because of e-mail notif. queue?

Post by libexec »

Hi all!
This is my first post in the NEW forum.

A client has an OXO R7.1 058.002

The system has restarted with no apparent reaseon - There's UPS, a good PE, rack enclosure with front door...

After some restarts I found in History Table the following message (there are no messages with anything that looks like an error):
"0 - System Restart - 50#1"
And in details:
"Event: 0 Complementary Information: 0F FF FF FF
The systema has just been restarted: system switched on, maintenance or MMC reset or Mail Notifqueue is full"

Then, entering [url]https://OXO_IP/services/webapp/monitor/[/url] and going to Current System Files -->> reset.log I see:
"albator.c 3092 15 No more inodes in Notifqueue."

Is this because of voice-mail messages e-mail not bening sent? Because the system receives _VERY_ little voice messages, has only 2 extensions using this feature, and in general the VM resources are quite, QUITE free.

If this is the cause of reset, ¿is there anything I can do to prevent this happening again in the future? something like discarding otification e-mails not being sent in 2 hours or such.

The system is very basic: no HDD, no AA, no Internet Services. CPU-4 in an M cabinet.

Thanks in advance!

Best regards from Patagonia Argentina
enio.eltz

Post by enio.eltz »

Hi Libexec

It doesn't seem an error from mail not being sent. I think the best is you read albator.log to see the real cause of the reset in our level of maintenace. I had a lot of resets with R7.1 . Now I am using R7.1_061.001 that is the last release. Alcatel allowed me downloading it from BPWS due to a reset I had in my system. Ask it to Alcatel and do a test with your system. R7.x has a lot of problems that results in reset.

Best regards.
Enio Eltz Filho
ACFE OXE R12
ACFE OXO C R3
mozsert

Same problem in same release

Post by mozsert »

Same issue happened in one of my client at arround 10:30 July 21
SW R7.1 058.002

In reset.log it has this line
"Jul 21 10:33:30 2010 process.c 868 3 Albator: process exit abnormally"

In albator.log this lines appears
Jul 21 2010 07:56:44: getPercentOfFreeInodes: statfs error (2) - No such file or directory
Jul 21 2010 08:56:45: getPercentOfFreeBlocks: statfs error (2) - No such file or directory
Jul 21 2010 08:56:45: getPercentOfFreeInodes: statfs error (2) - No such file or directory
Jul 21 2010 09:56:47: getPercentOfFreeBlocks: statfs error (2) - No such file or directory
Jul 21 2010 09:56:47: getPercentOfFreeInodes: statfs error (2) - No such file or directory
Jul 21 2010 10:33:29: supervised_alcatel_binary: Error. Trying to analyze the cause...
Jul 21 2010 10:33:29: supervised_alcatel_binary: Process (1684) exit !!
Jul 21 2010 10:33:29: processVcheckExitStatus result:
Jul 21 2010 10:33:29: Binary "./tele_mnt/lp_cm " [pid=1684], [SessionID=LP_CM] signaled by signal 11 (Segmentation fault)
"

It is a big system with heavy traffic.

I think about "Mail Notifqueue is full" is a new explanation of event 0. When I booted a new system this info appears.

After I programmed an Autoreset rule which is boots the system daily in night time. This issue doesn't occur any more.

I couldn't get new release of OXO.
Thanks for sharing
Some1 from earth
enio.eltz

Post by enio.eltz »

Hi Mozsert

I had an oxo that has exactly this kind of error in the albator.log file. In this case I needed to open a service request with AL. They analysed the traces an doing a lot of tests. Six months after they sent me a beta release that solved the problem. I would try to ask R7.10_061.001 to AL or opening a service request with them. It's the best.

Best regards.
Enio Eltz Filho
ACFE OXE R12
ACFE OXO C R3
pkeide

Re: OXO restarts... because of e-mail notif. queue?

Post by pkeide »

Hi, I did recently have the same error in a system running R103.039.
The system restarts at a random time, but the logs doesn't indicate anything wrong.
The History Table says: The system has just been restarted: system switched on, maintenance or MMC reset or Mail Notifqueue is full or BTS data cannot be written in the flash memory.

Someone have a tip?

Regards, pkeide
rkraehen

Post by rkraehen »

Hi pkeide, some restart issues are solved vith OmniPCX Office R10.3 / 065.001
aserranog

Post by aserranog »

Hi,

I have an OXO with this issue too. I have upgraded to R10.3/064.001 and the problem was not solved.
Everyday resatart it after error "process.c 1395 3 Albator: process exit abnormally"

I cann´t request an alcatel support because I´m enduser...

Have anyone any Idee about this issue?

BR
pkeide

Post by pkeide »

Update:
I performed an upgrade to R10.3-65 as suggested by rkraehen , but the resets still appeared, and for the past weeks more often.
Suddenly the OXO refused to start after such reset, and I had to manually put it to standby and back, then it was alive for some minutes, enough to read the logs, but still no indication of the reset reason.

I got a new CPU (Power CPU EE) and Lola-ed it back to R10.3-65, put the old licenses in and restored it with a backup, without editing anything.

This was a success, it has run for 6 days now without any events.

Tried also to start the faulty CPU in my LAB system, first ordinary and then with Lola - but Lola stops after a few minutes and no attempt to restart the sessions was successful.

This CPU had ran for about 2 years - and with no valid hw support it went to the recycling bin...
(OBS: be aware that the license has to be converted from the old to the new CPU-ID by Alcatel, else it will stop after 30 days.)
aserranog

Post by aserranog »

Hello, everybody,

Today I discovered the reason for my restarts!
In our PABX we have two SIP Trunks configured from two different Carriers.

The restart happens when someone calls us through Carrier "A", we answer the call, and we end the call. If we let the caller end the call, the PABX does not restart and continues to work normally. In addition, the calls we receive by Carrier "A" cannot be transferred to other extensions.

With Carrier "B" everything works correctly. The calls can be transferred, the termination of the call on our part does not produce any restart...

Best Regards!!

Return to “MAIN”