Caller ID of Extension not Base number

benjamind888

Caller ID of Extension not Base number

Post by benjamind888 »

We have an Alcatel Omni PCX Office software 7.1
We have an ISDN10 with a 100 number In Dial range.

Our main number is (## #### 3300)
I can call my direct line number from outside to reach a person at their extension ie (## #### 3377) ok.
When we make outgoing calls, the main number is displayed on the recipients phone (## #### 3300).

However, how do I setup my OmniPCX so that our direct number / extension shows up as Caller ID on the recipients phone?

So that when I make an outgoing caller the Caller ID will display ## #### 3377 ?
sera544

Post by sera544 »

Hi ,,

I dont know the reason why ur not exactly getting ur extension number 3377 when u make call....but there is alternate way to get ur extension nmber...in users parameter called Alternative CLIP/COLP , give ur extension number here as 3377...then test it...i think it will work...
enio.eltz

Post by enio.eltz »

Hi Benjamin

If you have the extension number equal to the end of public number you can configure at external lines --> list of trunks --> ISDN access --> details --> alternative CLIP/COLP number as ## #### ( in your example ). OXO sends ## #### + extension number. You also can use the way Sera544 said, it works too. In this case you won't use what I said. You also need to check if your carrier is asking A number. They can't be asking A number and they always send the main number.

Best regards.
Enio Eltz Filho
ACFE OXE R12
ACFE OXO C R3
pbdr

Re: Caller ID of Extension not Base number

Post by pbdr »

Hi,
I have a OmniPCX Enterprise Management
v12.0.1708
system. I am not able to get caller ID either external or internal extension number on analog sets besides caller ID on my digital phone sets like "8029" set.
My scenario is as follows:
1.Direct connection: From external when I call from my mobile number 9812345678 to one of the trunk line number like +97711223344, I can get the 9812345678 on my analog sets(bypassing the alcatel OmniPCX). However when that trunk is connected to my OmniPCX, and call when received by attendant like #9, I am not able to caller ID, which supposed to be 9812345678.
2. Internal extensions: internally when extensions calls to another extension of analog phone set, we are not able get the caller ID which we can see on digital phone sets like"8029".

It will be highly appreciated if somebody help me on this.
fery_s

Re: Caller ID of Extension not Base number

Post by fery_s »

did you check with your public telecom company ? they must allow you to send your number to outside

Return to “MAIN”