4059 IP Console Application Not Starting Up

timbrown

4059 IP Console Application Not Starting Up

Post by timbrown »

I'm having an issue with one of our customer's 4059 IP console software.
Upon opening the application, only the Alcatel 4059 IP Screen Based Console process starts but the ABCA Communications Handler process does not. The 4059 application does not start up as well.
I've tried to reinstall the software many times but still getting the same issue. (4059.5.5.4 on Windows 10)
Could this be related to a third party program not allowing the application to start??
Windows Firewall was turned off.
enio.eltz

Re: 4059 IP Console Application Not Starting Up

Post by enio.eltz »

Hello

What is the keyboard reference?
It must be 3AK17154ABJD or higher to work with W10.

Best regards.
Enio Eltz Filho
ACFE OXE R12
ACFE OXO C R3
timbrown

Post by timbrown »

Hi enio

The reference is still on 3AKXXXXXABJC and i also have another console sitting beside it that has the same reference and it works fine.
The keyboard was working previously and then i think they had a power outage and that's when it all started going wonky.
Mind you this is a 32-bit machine and it was working without any issues at all.
It's just strange to me the way its behaving as this is the first time I'm encountering this type of behaviour from the 4059IP software. It usually gives some sort of error but this time nothing at all.

Regards
Tim
enio.eltz

Post by enio.eltz »

Hi

According to the TC, 3AKXXXXXABJC does not work with W10. I've already had this kind of situation and it is strange for me you have running on W10.
Have you ever tried W7 or W8?

Best regards.
Enio Eltz Filho
ACFE OXE R12
ACFE OXO C R3
timbrown

Post by timbrown »

Hi enio

It would be unfair if the customer were to upgrade to W10 and then they'll have to purchase a new keyboard just because the old keyboard doesn't work, it doesn't seem right. Thanks anyway for your input and yes I've also read that document but to my surprise, I can confirm that the 3AKXXXXXABJC does work on windows 10.

We've also managed to fix this issue I had posted previously and it was an antivirus issue. The antivirus was running some sort of on-access scanning tool which we disabled before reinstalling the software. After that the software was able to open without any issues.

Regards

Tim

Return to “Application”