Restrict Immediate Forward for selected internal users

esdee

Restrict Immediate Forward for selected internal users

Post by esdee »

Hello,
I have following question:

Setup:
We have an extension (4444) in an Entity (nr. 2). On this extension there is an Imm. Fwd to an external number (0011778899)
All entities use the same Discriminator, the ARS route's Trung Group Source = Entity

Problem:
All users of entity 2 should be able to call the extension --> the call forward should be executed.
Users of other entities should not be able to call the extension --> the call forward should not be executed.

If there was no forward, this could be easily solved by Connection COS.
We also can't add the public network COS of the 4444 extension's outgoing trunk to the connection COS. If we do that, then every forward of every user in Entity 2 will be forbidden --> we only want to forbid the forward of extension 4444. Besides that, there are other entities that use the same Trunk Group then the extension.

My question is obvious: how can we prevent certain users to call the extension, and prevent the forward ?

Thanks in advance

Steven
ACSE OpenTouch 2.3.x
esdee

Re: Restrict Immediate Forward for selected internal users

Post by esdee »

Hello,
I worked out a setup, that works. I will post it, in case somebody else has the same question:

In the discriminators of the entities that are not allowed to follow the forward:
Remove the extension number 4444.
Add the forward number 011778899.
Give the number an area value that is not allowed by the Public COS of the user
Created a speed dial number(4444), which points to 0011778899.
Enable Barring on the speed dial number --> so the speed dial follows the COS of the user.

I created a separate discriminator for entity 2, in which 011778899 is not present
Added the new discriminator number to entity 2

Regards
ACSE OpenTouch 2.3.x
vad
Alcatel Unleashed Certified Guru
Alcatel Unleashed Certified Guru

Post by vad »

Not clear.
If you have extension 4444 (in Users, not in discriminator) - system not allow create SD 4444.

If we talk about dialing 4444 (just number, not user) - it's more easy (discriminator/ discriminator selector).

But - you not forbid forward (4444 --> 0011778899). You forbid calls --> 0011778899.
esdee

Post by esdee »

I understand what you mean

My request should have been:
All users of entity 2 should be able to call the EXTERNAL NUMBER
Users of other entities should not be able to call the EXTERNAL NUMBER

But 4444 is needed. I created a speed dial to be able to restrict/allow call to the external number
ACSE OpenTouch 2.3.x

Return to “Classes of Services”