call back on busy trunk group disabled

morio

call back on busy trunk group disabled

Post by morio »

hi all
since the launch of r 11 alcatel have decided to remove the ''auto callback on busy trunk group''.. :( the feed back that alcatel support gave us is due to global issues in the system they have removed it.( as for my experience with oxe for the last 14 years i have not faced any issues with this)... but the funny thing is thatwhen you try to enable the feature in COS it indicates its only available for Germany :lol: ,,, (guess germany isnt a global country,,)

is there any way to work around to get this feature enabled????/ i have already tried with esr and i got a bomb,,, so i guess we have to play ,,, any ideas? any one...

thanks
sherif

Re: call back on busy trunk group disabled

Post by sherif »

Hello;

This feature has come back again on R 11.2.20e and tested successfully without need to enable this feature on phone feature COS.

Regards
Sherif
tgn

Post by tgn »

here in short whats happen in our case (r11.0.1 patch32b / country germany). there was a possibility to activate a callback to an wrong number when caller was on another node as the trunkgroup (because system gaves message busy instead of wrong number). this callback was then activated in the node where the trunkgoup installed. as conclusion this node tries to establish callbacks to the uncompleted number until the next reboot.

was very hard to find out the reason...

regards...

--- back to basics... focus your eyes on the essential things... ---
--- back to basics... focus your eyes to the essential things... ---
sherif

Post by sherif »

here in short whats happen in our case (r11.0.1 patch32b / country germany). there was a possibility to activate a callback to an wrong number when caller was on another node as the trunkgroup (because system gaves message busy instead of wrong number). this callback was then activated in the node where the trunkgoup installed. as conclusion this node tries to establish callbacks to the uncompleted number until the next reboot.
this is not related to the main topic mentioned above.

but you can check the incvisu / excvisu for the system to check incidents and back trace

Regards
Sherif
tgn

Post by tgn »

really too much away from topic?

I just want to shout out a possible reason for the absence of this function ...

regards...

--- back to basics... focus your eyes on the essential things... ---
--- back to basics... focus your eyes to the essential things... ---
cavagnaro
Alcatel Unleashed Certified Guru
Alcatel Unleashed Certified Guru

Post by cavagnaro »

Agree with tgn, was wondering also what could go wrong by enabling that feature. A possible system collapse is a nice info to be shared so when you deploy it you can advice your customer about possible consequences and later say "I told you"
Ignorance is not the problem, the problem is the one who doesn't want to learn

OTUC/ICS ACFE/ACSE R3.0/4.0/5.0/6.0
Certified Genesys CIV 8.5
Certified Genesys Troubleshooting 8.5
Certified Genesys BEP 8.x
Genesys Developer

Return to “Classes of Services”