PKI Certificate Management for 8058s IP Phones with OmniPCX for 802.1X authentication with Cisco ISE

Katinan

PKI Certificate Management for 8058s IP Phones with OmniPCX for 802.1X authentication with Cisco ISE

Post by Katinan »

Hello,
I'm currently working on a Network Access Control solution (Cisco ISE). My customer has Alcatel-Lucent IP Phones managed by an OmniPCX IP PBX. I've read in the phone datasheet that these phones support 802.1X authentication with certificate management done locally or centrally (see https://www.al-enterprise.com/-/media/a ... eet-en.pdf, section Security). Unfortunately, so far, I've not been able to find any documentation as to how to proceed to configure the phones with certificates so that they authenticate on the network via 802.1X (EAP-TLS). I should add that the customer has a PKI infrastructure based on Microsft Active Directory Certificates Services. I'm absolutely new to the Alcatel IP Phones world, and I'd be glad if you could help find out how to manage this, as it's far more secured to authenticate the phones via 802.1X rather than MAB.
Thank you all in advance for your precious contributions.

Regards,
Katinan.

Return to “Beginner's questions about the OmniPCX OFFICE”