Help with 802.1x and Alcatel 8008 deskphone

jlyle

Help with 802.1x and Alcatel 8008 deskphone

Post by jlyle »

Hi, this is my first post here, sorry if it is in the wrong place.

I am implementing 802.1x port security across our Aruba switches, and have them talking to our Radius NPS server fine and have Windows clients working. However I have been unable to find documentation on the 8008 deskphone, I can see the certificate and 802.1x options after hammering * and # on startup and I think I either need to get the built in certificates from the phone or get the phone to grab certificates from our ms pki. If anyone can point me in the right direction that would be great.

I am aware of the MD5 auth option and do not wish to enable this on NPS as I am aware that MD5 is broken and insecure. Our 8008 deskphones do not have a web interface for configuring.

Cheers guys,

Jeff
jlyle

Re: Help with 802.1x and Alcatel 8008 deskphone

Post by jlyle »

A packet trace shows that the handset when running get certificate is sending a simple HTTP get to the certificate server and recieveing a 401 unauthorised back. The response from the server is expected as it requires authentication. Does anyone know whether it is possible to get the phone to provide credentials please?

Just as a side note, I have not been able to find any manuals that go into detail about setting this up.

Return to “Beginner's questions about the Common Hardware”