install R2.1-b3.517-9-c on new hdd

PCInstaller, it's tricks, it's problems...
vigzol

install R2.1-b3.517-9-c on new hdd

Post by vigzol »

Hi,
Is it possible that a very old OXE release (for e.g.R2.1-b3.517-9-c) can be installed on new/modern hdd (20-80-160-240 GB or even greater)?
I can install R2.1 on very old 1 GB or 2 GB hdd, but installation procedure fails on a 20 GB disk.
Is there a solution or a workaround for it?

Regards,
Zoli
alex

Re: install R2.1-b3.517-9-c on new hdd

Post by alex »

1st point is that BIOS on CPU board is very old and could not recognize your modern HD or provide wrong parameters to bootloader etc.
2nd point - the installer does not know how to partition HD of that size, actually it has default partition scheme but it seems to fail in your case too.
If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck.
vigzol

Re: install R2.1-b3.517-9-c on new hdd

Post by vigzol »

Hi Alex,
Thank you for your help.
You have very good point of views. :)
I just write my experiences, I still did not find solution to the problem.
As you mentioned in the 1st point the BIOS on the CPU board can be problem, because if I use a 20 GB hdd on a CPU3 board, the CPU3 could not recognize it, it say there are no hdd connected, but if I use the same hdd on a CPU5 board that "see" it without problem. So it can be a BIOS problem
I used the old Alcatel installer program.
As I know and as I have already done CPU3 and CPU5 can be equivalent, CPU5 board can act like a CPU3 board, I only have to change the hardware key from the previous (old) one to the other (new) one. I did it and it works fine.

Return to “Software Loading”