System message after extended absence message

erifal

System message after extended absence message

Post by erifal »

Good morning,

First of all please excuse me for my broken English. To be transparent I go through an automatic translator to ask my question here.
I also hope that I am in the right part of the forum.

On an Alcatel OXE R100/OTMS 2.X environment
We did not wish to give access to the GUI of the OTMS voicemail of our users. They manage their voicemail via the TUI.
At their request for voice announcement management without the possibility for the caller to leave a message, we have so far encouraged the use of the extended absence message. The goal is for them to be autonomous in managing their ad.
We also used this method for some "call cells".
We recently noticed that during an external or internal call on a voice mailbox with an extended absence message, after the broadcast of the announcement, the call is not hung up but the system adds the presentation guide ( if the user has recorded it), the internal number followed by the type of voice message and the indication that it is not possible to leave a message.
Example, call to 8068 via its DID which has an extended absence message:
broadcast of the absence message then "the voicemail of - Brigitte travers - 8068 - has an extended absence message and does not accept new messages".
We are convinced that this was not the case during our tests. I used the extended absence message on ICS for 7 years and OTMC for more than a year and there too I was never alerted to this and convinced that I had not encountered it during my tests.
The broadcast after my extended absence message just of "this voicemail does not accept new messages" would not have shocked me, at the limit. but there the presentation message, the internal number and the type of voicemail does not seem to me to be relevant information for the caller in this type of voicemail.
So I'm in doubt. Is this really normal? Have I applied and do apply this type of message without realizing it for so many years?
There is no mention of this additional broadcast to the message in the documents consulted.
We know there is personal greeting as an alternative but the activation only seems to work via the GUI.
Thank you for your analysis and feedback.
erifal

Re: System message after extended absence message

Post by erifal »

Good morning,

For information :

For management of absence messages in full autonomy of users and without giving them access to the GUI.
For a broadcast of the message followed by the hanging up of the call.

The voicemail profile must be in Advanced
Answer-only mode enabled
The extension is of course directly forwarded to voicemail

The user :

- Call the voicemail
- Gives the number to manage
- Goes to menu 4 Management of welcome messages
- Enter menu 2 Create Personal Greeting
- Start recording and press # to signal the end
- Press # to validate
- Record a personal internal greeting message if needed, otherwise press *
- When returning to menu 4, the user presses sub-menu 6 to activate the personal welcome message

Return to “OTMS - OpenTouch Multimedia Services”