How works IP4068 (or 4039) handset detection ? (handset not detected)

Perceval

How works IP4068 (or 4039) handset detection ? (handset not detected)

Post by Perceval »

Hi !
I'm facing a very annoying problem on my IP Touch 4068 (that's a brand new device, never used, I kept it for years in its box because I had no IP licence). When I take the handset, the phone randomly does not detect I lifted it and it is not operated (for instance, I need to answer a call from speaker).
I exchanged with a -working perfectly- 4039 handset (both handset + wire) and it does the same (the 4068 handset + its wire on the 4039 works perfectly, the problem is in the 4068).
The handset is detected using a magnetic stuff located on the bottom part of the phone, where the microphone part stands (walking by with a magnet on this part make the phone to think I pick up the handset).
I opened the case and I don't really see a thing that would interact with the headset (but there's a part in line I'd supect to be this, see photos).

Does anyone what's the technology used to detect the handset and if someone faced this problem ? I'll have to fix it when I have some time, luckly I have another phone plugged closed it to answer calls...

Thanks !
PXL_20220921_170610509.jpg
PXL_20220921_170619320.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
vad
Alcatel Unleashed Certified Guru
Alcatel Unleashed Certified Guru

Re: How works IP4068 (or 4039) handset detection ? (handset not detected)

Post by vad »

In handset - installed magnet. In the center of the second photo - you have the magnetic sensor, replace it.
Perceval

Post by Perceval »

Thanks, I wasn't wrong. I'll have to check for the part and its specs (normally open ?). I'll keep the thread updated. Thanks !
Perceval

Post by Perceval »

Hi back,
Solved ! I soldered a new magentic switch and it does it perfectly... I now can call using the handset !
For information, I used 2mm diam by 14mm length, normally open switch. These can be found easily on internet. 14mm was a bit too long, so I bend the legs (warning, glass !!) and made it closer of the handset to get a full magnetic power - but the switch is thinner than the original one, that's sold for 0,5 to 1A, I hope it will be enough (should be !!). The switch is not passing trough the board (SMD style soldering).

Thanks again, hope this helps.
PXL_20220928_093727576.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Hardware”