Client connecting to PSK SSID with MAC authentication with OV2500 4.6 R1

zepeki

Client connecting to PSK SSID with MAC authentication with OV2500 4.6 R1

Post by zepeki »

Hello,
I'm asking for your help because I can't get the MAC authentication + PSK to work on Stellar APs managed in enterprise mode on the OmniVista 2500.

I have done the following method for setup:

Solution:
Below are the steps to configure PSK + MAC Auth

1. Create an AAA profile and assign UPAM for MAC Authentication server
2. Create an Access Role Profile for authenticated clients and have client VLAN assigned to it.
3. Create another Access Role Profile for authentication failure scenario with a quarantine VLAN assigned to it.
4. Create a PSK WLAN service with MAC authentication enabled, assign the AAA profile created in Step (1) and Default Access Role Profile in step (3)
5. On UPAM, create an Access Policy with condition for requests WLAN service created in step (4)
6. Create an Authentication Strategy with Authentication Source as Local Database and assign the Default Access Role Profile create in step (2)
7. Apply the WLAN service created in step (4) to the AP group.

Note: Apply the Global Configuration to the AP group.

Adding in the "Company Property" the MAC address of the device that can connect to the wireless network.

Only this does not work, the device does not take any IP address and tries to connect in loop to the wireless network. In the "Authentication Record" it is marked that the reason for rejection is "InvalidSharedSecret".

Thank you in advance for your help and answers.

Sincerely,
Zepeki

Return to “OmniVista 2500 v4.x”