Forward vs transfer

slabr

Re: Forward vs transfer

Post by slabr »

OK. It was some misunderstanding:)) I'm working on transfers not forwards. Forwards are working as expected. Have you got any experience in config similar to mine as I described earlier?
tot3nkopf
Alcatel Unleashed Certified Guru

Post by tot3nkopf »

slabr wrote:OK. It was some misunderstanding:)) I'm working on transfers not forwards. Forwards are working as expected. Have you got any experience in config similar to mine as I described earlier?
Yes, but partial rerouting wasn't requested, so I didn't test it.
slabr

Post by slabr »

But can you explain, what is Network call prefix in Network Routing Table and what for is Pabx address in DPNSS which need to be managed in this config as described in documentation? DPNSS need to be only numbers but which one: any or from my dial plan?
vad

Post by vad »

DPNSS prefix - any prefix in you numbering plan. May be present in tickets (for VPN calls).
F.e. you have Node1-Node2. User A (node1) call user B (node2). User B (node2) make transfer to user C (node 1). Without DPNSS prefix - will be busy two TS in internode link (A and C from one node). With DPNSS prefix - all TS will be free (routing optimization).
About Network call prefix.
Usually used in case if in your network and in connected network you have some problem with numbering plan. F.e. numbering plan in both network 3XXX.
You need to deside - how you will make a call to another network - f.e. 81+3XXX.
In this case you can create f.e. Routing number prefix 81.
We need Network call prefix - if during incoming call from connected we receive Calling number 3XXX. (not cleare - 3XXX - user from your PBX or from another).
You manage Network call prefix=81.
During call from your PBX - you will see calling user 3XXX.
During call from connected network - you will see calling user 813XXX. (network prefix added to calling number - you can separate users 3XXX from your PBX and 3XXX from connected network, works callback feature).
slabr

Post by slabr »

OK, I understand now. Thanks for detailed explanation. Going back to my problem, why, when I added any prefix, internal number from Call Manager is always shown properly (without any number in front of the main number) and external transferred number are shown almost properly: I can see whole number, but cannot do call back on unanswered call because of missing 0 prefix which is necessary.
vad

Post by vad »

This is depends of used protocol/management.
F.e. - usuall ISDN, received calling number 3XXX. You can manage External callback translation:
DEF-0
DEF-0-0
in both case you will see number 3XXX, but callback will works only in second case.

QSIG/ABSF, for calls used "routing" or "network" number prefixes. Ext. callback translation in this case not used. You will see 3XXX and can dial 3XXX for calls.

you want to call 0+3XXX. recieve calling number 3XXX. In this case may be you will need to add Network call prefix=0 in network routing table.
slabr

Post by slabr »

No, no. I mean, that if there is internal call from Call Manager (QSIG-GF protocol and this is network number), everything is OK. But when I call to Call Manager form ie. mobile and then transfer this call to Alcatel, the receiving original number is without 0 prefix which is needed to callback. And it doesn't matter what I set - the prefix is not added to the number.
seho

Post by seho »

Hi, Alcatel does a CFU by sending a facility message CAL REROUTE. Have any one an idea to deactivate this feature.

Return to “OXE (Crystal / Common) - System Documentation”