How many wires does the Alcatel Omni Office PBX system need?

This is the main discussion forum, if the subject that you want to talk about is not listed around here.
shabbaranks

How many wires does the Alcatel Omni Office PBX system need?

Post by shabbaranks »

Hi guys,

We have 2 cabs linked using 100 pair voice cable, the only problem is that when it was installed (some time ago) the engineer didn't test the lines and I guess just assumed they worked. Since then I have had to put some extensions into the second unit and it seems a bit hit and miss which lines work so I want to re-wire the link.

How many wires does the Omni-Office Digital PBX use? And which points does it use as per the image below?

Thanks
cavagnaro
Alcatel Unleashed Certified Guru
Alcatel Unleashed Certified Guru

Re: How many wires does the Alcatel Omni Office PBX system n

Post by cavagnaro »

Uses 2 as any other. The wiring map is up to you...depends on your MDF. Just remove it and do it from scratch if you are having so many issues.
Ignorance is not the problem, the problem is the one who doesn't want to learn

OTUC/ICS ACFE/ACSE R3.0/4.0/5.0/6.0
Certified Genesys CIV 8.5
Certified Genesys Troubleshooting 8.5
Certified Genesys BEP 8.x
Genesys Developer
shabbaranks

Post by shabbaranks »

cavagnaro wrote:Uses 2 as any other. The wiring map is up to you...depends on your MDF. Just remove it and do it from scratch if you are having so many issues.
Thanks for the reply, so what your saying is its not specific to pin numbers? As long as both sides use the same numbers it fine and should work?
As I read this on a separate forum "Digital Phones are proprietary to a particular brand of PBX. They use pins 1,6 (occasionally 3,4). "
Thanks again

:)
Split

Post by Split »

From Alcatel side for analog or digital set you have to use pin 4 and 5.
But no idea what kind of cable that is.....
We have similar behavor if the 100 pair cable is a long distance and if the twisted pairs are destroid so you get interfernce between the cable pairs .....for example patch on port 1 it works Patch on Port 2 > both Ports did not working disconnect port1 > port 2 is working sometime it help to let some ports empty ...
ACSE OmniPCX Enterprise Business R9/10/11
ACSE ICS 8400 R6
ACSE OpenTouch R1/R2
shabbaranks

Post by shabbaranks »

Thanks, the cable used is 100 pair. What I'll do is short out one end and get a multi meter on the other just to check that the cable is the correct pair and then wire into pin 4 and 5 and see what happens.

We never really needed 100 pair at the most all we needed was 25 - I think that's why they wired in the additional so there are 4 wires wired in on each port to use up the rest of the cable - cowboys :)

Return to “MAIN”