CPIPES Drop when LDP is Enabled

schmidty

CPIPES Drop when LDP is Enabled

Post by schmidty »

Not really new to Alcatel-Lucent 7705s, but they were configured by an Engineer who left way before I arrived. The 7705s are solid and I haven't had to do much in the way of configuration.

I'm working with three Alcatel-Lucent SAR 7705's at three locations (siteA, siteB, siteC). Connectivity between the routers is handled by MPLS transport. siteA has 2 cpipe services with one going to siteB on SDP 1 and one to siteC on SDP 2. LDP has been enabled in the config for SDP 1 and the cpipe to siteA is working without issue. When the config is changed to LDP for SDP 2, the cpipe to siteC drops.

<show service id 2 all> shows a Flag of SdpOperDown. I reconfigure SDP 2 with LSP in order for the cpipe to siteC to begin working again.

I am trying to troubleshoot why the cpipe to siteC drops. What should I be looking for? What steps should I take in determining the issue? Any help or recommendations is greatly appreciated!

Please let me know what further information is needed. I'm really good at providing too much information :lol:, and don't want to clutter things with unnecessary info.

Thanks in advance!
frank
Alcatel Unleashed Certified Guru
Alcatel Unleashed Certified Guru

Re: CPIPES Drop when LDP is Enabled

Post by frank »

not my expertise, but I would assume if site A is connected to site B, and you change site A , then you need to change site B also.
try 2 switch at the same time and see if this fixes the issue.
Code Free Or Die

Return to “GENERAL”