8078s no tftp response ?

Perceval

8078s no tftp response ?

Post by Perceval »

Hi,
I'm setting up a refurbished 8078s in NOE mode (I don't even know what it means). The device is created successfully in OMC (valid licence, MAC address...). I've setup the 8078s with a static IP adress, correct submask, TFTP1, etc...
But I can't change the CPU1 address (stuck on 172.016.010.10), and I'm stuck on "no tftp response" on step 5. Looks like I can't change it on my 4068 too (but this one works fine with the correct cpu address).

I don't ping the static IP address of the phone.

The phone software is R100 R5.00.32.616.

Thanks for any help 😁

EDIT : I turned the phone to factory default, and resetup static IP (tested with dynamic too). I had once a ping from my computer but the phone resetted itself (static IP), bringing back the error. I tested from my switch, and it does not ping it (it did ping it when it "worked" once). My switch is a Cisco SG300-28, and someone HAD a problem with this switch and this phone. That's strange, the switch is not used for anything related to DHCP, and it is not used in my static setup. It also works with no problem at all when I reconnect my 4068. The switch just doesn't ping or see the phone.
I'll have to feed directly the phone to my router but I need to reconnected several things from my POE switch, annoying... !
Perceval

Re: 8078s no tftp response ?

Post by Perceval »

Latest news :
I had the same problem reconnecting my 4068, so I checked all the wiring because I suspected an error on it, but there's nothing here.
I checked again webistes with the same problem, and it looks there was something related to Cisco switches.

So I checked the VLANs because Cisco switches might use sort of automated VLANs when they detect phones, so I disabled the LLDP and... Woo it works.

Does anyone knows if I can disable it from the Alcatel ? I might want tor run the LLDP for the other but not this one (I can't directly manage the 8078 port, as that's not a PoE switch).
>> Update : I still have the LLDP disabled, but the phone updated itself to the last version (5.40.40) and wow, I get access to new things, including the LLDP and its relative VLAN management, so I'll try to play with it.

Hope this helps ! And fingers crossed, hope it will work fine now.

Return to “Hardware”