Blocking Incoming/Outgoing Numbers

paradigm

Blocking Incoming/Outgoing Numbers

Post by paradigm »

From what I can tell, this topic has been mentioned once here in Alcatel Unleashed but I think I need more help.
ARS trunks, Barring Tables, Discriminators, Barring Matrix, their all so confusing!

I need to block outgoing numbers (and possibly number ranges) on our OXO. Blocking/redirecting incoming calls would be useful too but isn't that important.
I've tried to setup different barring rules but none actually do anything.

Can someone create a quick step-by-step guide on blocking an outgoing number?
The system has one T2 ISDN Trunk with 20 b-channels EDSS1. All Traffic Shaping and Barring tables are at the factory defaults.

What would I do to bar an outgoing number like 1223 from being called from any analogue or digital phone connected to the oxo?
David
travis1

Re: Blocking Incoming/Outgoing Numbers

Post by travis1 »

Im a bit rough on the OXO (been a few years), but I do seem to remember that there is a barring table to set firstly, and then associate the trunk to that table.

Traffic Sharing and Barring - rest/barring tables -
then create a table - say table 6.
Add Prefix 1223 Type=forbidden
(make sure you click add)

Next

External lines -> List or Trunks groups -> details -> link_Cos -> under "voice"
and change Normal and rest. to 6.

This will stop calls to 1223 that use that trunk group.

As for imcoming calls, im outta depth, but on the OXE there is a parameter for called number filtering which would serve this purpose.

Hope that helps.
paradigm

Post by paradigm »

That's great. I followed your steps, except after I changed the voice numbers on the trunk groups, I found I couldn't dial out!

I think I may have got lost when you spoke about rest/barring tables. I couldn't find where you referred to "creating a table".

What is relationship between Barring Tables, Barring Matrix and Traffic Sharing Matrix? :?
paradigm

Post by paradigm »

I've worked out what I need.

Under OMC -> Traffic Sharing & Barring -> Barring Tables.
There is a list of barring levels, 1-6. Barring Level 7 is unrestricted.
If no barring rules are defined in the Barring Table, the default connections are forbidden.

Under OMC -> Subscribers/Basestations list -> ext -> Details -> Barring.
And OMC -> External Lines -> List of Accesses -> trunk -> Details -> Link-Category.
You can either set voice/non-voice barring levels for each extension/subscriber or set it per Trunk.
travis1

Post by travis1 »

cool - glad the info was useful :D
ner0

Post by ner0 »

Very sorry for reviving this thread, but this is the most accurate information I could find on here to what I'm trying to achieve. I was able to follow the tips for outgoing calls, unfortunately I cannot find how to do the same for incoming calls. Help would be much appreciated, thanks in advance.

Return to “Configuration”