Replace faulty Z24

tuarego

Replace faulty Z24

Post by tuarego »

Hi guys,
In our school recently we have ended the support contract and now some of our Z24 seems to be dead!! We have some spare units that probably are in good shape to work... So my basic question is, what is the proper procedure to replace a Z24? I believe this hardware is hotswappable right? Do I need to run some shell or mgr commands or PBX can sense the hardware replacement and configure it make it work by itself? Do I need manually download any configuration to the "new" Z24 adapter?
Many thanks and best regards.
haroun

Re: Replace faulty Z24

Post by haroun »

hi
yes hotswappable if z24 are same type(not a z24-2 ,732 or e-z32)
run this command two or three times in few minutes when the board is well plugged in the old position
>cplstat (coupler state)
ps: do not touch the board (unplug it) when it's dowloding the binaries especially when u see the state is init_1
ur board is ready to use when state is inserv
tuarego

Post by tuarego »

Hi Haroun,
Many thanks for your fast reply...
I am a network guy but newbie to this tech so please be patient with my lack of knowledge...
Yes, I have been reading some posts before posting and I saw that someone has already installed a Z24_2 where were before a Z24 and had some issues when placing calls... I have some Z24 cards and I will try to replace the faulty one with a exact match!!
Is there any way to know if the card it's a z24 or a z24_2 just by visual inspection? looking at some pictures both seems to be exactly the same...
Also read that I should not remove the Z24 while downloading or risk to damage firmware and then only SPI access could recover a dead card...
My doubts where if these cards are hot swappable and if there is any special routine (commands procedure) to initialize the replacing card and download binaries or configurations to replacing card!!
By your words I assume that main CPU will properly initialize the replacing card and download all needed data/files..
Many thanks.
haroun

Post by haroun »

yep, if the type doesn't match for example Z24 and Z24_2, you must change board type in the management before plugging the last one
if the boards are the same, hot swapped them and the CPU will do the necessary.
The difference between the 24 and 24_2 IS in the Manufacturer number or part number, you can find IT IN THE bottom of the front of the board
Z24-2 3BA53065NA
Z24 3BA53065AA
tuarego

Post by tuarego »

Hi, replacement it's done... many thanks for your help!
Yes, after my last post I found on internet a seller with part numbers and board type description:
3BA53065AA => Z24
3BA53065AL => Z24
3BA53065AE => z24
3BA53065NA => z24-2

Both mine (faulty and "new") are 3BA53065AL BA06... it was very easy, just plug and play!

My "new" boards are all Z24 so probably in a near future I will have to replace another Z24 or Z24_2 by a "new" Z24
I went to management and navigate through:
Shelf -> Go down hierarchy -> Consult/Modify -> (choose Shelf and Board address) -> enter "Interface Type + Z24_2"
and I see many board types:
x -> UA 16 NDDI_D
x UA 32 DDI_D
x Z 12 LTDL_D
x Z 24 VCOMP
If I want to replace a Z24_2 by a Z24 or vice versa I just need to modify type and wait CPU to properly bring the card up, right?
Many thanks for your help and if you come to Portugal one day I will more the happy to buy you a river of beer!!
haroun

Post by haroun »

tuarego wrote: 05 Jun 2021 05:18
If I want to replace a Z24_2 by a Z24 or vice versa I just need to modify type and wait CPU to properly bring the card up, right?
Many thanks for your help and if you come to Portugal one day I will more the happy to buy you a river of beer!!
1-yes
2-no thanx pleas u'r wellcomed
3-I risk drowning :mrgreen:

Return to “Beginner's questions about the Crystal Hardware”