Configuration Engine Error

Alcatel Configuration Tool for International Sales -all ACTIS related topics, how-to's, tips and tricks.
Waqas Rehman

Configuration Engine Error

Post by Waqas Rehman »

Hi Everyone

Can anyone please help me to rectify the attached error in ACTIS.

This is new for me and i have no idea how to resolve this one

Thank you in advance :)

Cheers
Waqas
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
vad
Alcatel Unleashed Certified Guru

Re: Configuration Engine Error

Post by vad »

Looks like - cabinet type instead of "calculated" declared like "forced" (declared exactly cabinet type). Actis cannot insert new board (no free space).
Waqas Rehman

Post by Waqas Rehman »

Thank you Vad,

there were three cabinets which were forced , i have changed them to calculated mode and forced the system to latest generation rack,
Now the only issue i am having is listed below:

Warning DECT/PWT sets traffic exceeded (sets = 6.20 erlangs, base stations = 6.00 erlangs)
Warning DECT/PWT sets traffic exceeded (sets = 6.00 erlangs, base stations = 3.00 erlangs)
Warning DECT/PWT sets traffic exceeded (sets = 6.20 erlangs, base stations = 6.00 erlangs)
Warning DECT/PWT sets traffic exceeded (sets = 6.00 erlangs, base stations = 3.00 erlangs)
Warning The calculated cabinet for the 2 88 Abbott St peripheral area is different from the forced one
Warning The calculated cabinet for the 3 U7/12-14 Hassell St peripheral area is different from the forced one
Error Board PowerMEX not allowed in rack 45 position 0

any idea please
vad

Post by vad »

Hi Waqas,
are you from Al Rostamani? :)
Because I don't know calculated system - I cannot give the good answer why you have problem with rack 45.
Check, may be you have some problem with initial OPS files. Just try to make add-on for initial file (grey) and add nothing (just add-on/configuration) - do you have some error?
If no - try to make add-on "step-by-step" - on which stage you will have error.
If you have problem with initial file without add some requirements:
- check hardware.mao file, when used OPS files from PBX - sometimes hardware.mao file not good (just extract hardware.mao and *.hw from *.zip file)
- try "patch before add-on" - if you have some problem with hardware - you can manually change shelf type/ board type or position before add-on

Best regards, Vadim (Perm, Russia)
Waqas Rehman

Post by Waqas Rehman »

Hi Vadim,

Yes i was in Al Rostamani :-)
Now working in Australia from last 8 months

Thank you for the reply let me check this and see if i can sort out the issue :-)

Thank you for your support

Cheers
Waqas

Return to “Actis”