Console configuration

gjortega

Console configuration

Post by gjortega »

Hi,

I am trying to configure a 6860E for the first time but I can't have access via the console port with the micro USB cable that comes in the box. I installed the drivers recommended by Alcatel but I had no positive results. I tried installing that driver in a mac running macOS Sierra, a Windows 10 laptop and a Windows 7 laptop. All of those attempts were unsuccessful.

I downloaded the drivers from the following URL: http://www.silabs.com/products/mcu/page ... ivers.aspx

Do you have any idea about what can I do?

Thanks
nunodisini

Re: Console configuration

Post by nunodisini »

The following procedure is used for accessing the switch using the micro USB console connection.
1 Download and install the USB to UART device driver from the following location:
http://www.silabs.com/products/mcu/page ... ivers.aspx
2 Connect the OmniSwitch to the USB port of your device using the included micro USB to USB cable

i have try download, and successfull to console the OS6860-P24 with that drivers

if you have some trouble with cable micro USB, you can use a Charging Cable for you smartphone with same micro USB connector

now i do same trouble cannot access with mocro USB cable that came in the box i used original Charging smartphone and it works
gjortega

Post by gjortega »

Thank you.

It resulted to be that the cable that comes in the box doesn't work. As you recommended, I tried with another cable and it worked instantly.
tajolariffin

Post by tajolariffin »

Hi gjortega,

May I know, when you said you tried with another cable and it worked, what console cable did you use? Is it smartphone cable charger as suggested previously by nunodisini?

Thank you

Return to “OmniSwitch 6860 / 6860E”