OT New Instalation.

aflores

OT New Instalation.

Post by aflores »

hello friends. I´m re-installing OT.

After the forst part, I´m runinng the checkSystemLinux.sh command with some FAILED results so I will appreciated if somebody can help to solve this "failed" issues so I can continue with the instalation.

I know there some issues with the FQDN but I dont know how to resolve.

Here is the "failed" results:
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The network configuration uses a bridge
hostname and domain name OK [ OK ]
FQDN = opentouch.anew.com.ve
DOMAINNAME = anew.com.ve
SHORTNAME = opentouch
localhost.localdomain default entry OK in /etc/hosts [ OK ]
opentouch entry OK in /etc/hosts [ OK ]
anew.com.ve is searched via DNS [ OK ]
nameserver = 10.0.7.127 [ OK ]
Ping 10.0.7.127 successful [ OK ]
IP information by hostname OK [ OK ]
FQDN information by hostname OK [ OK ]
FQDN=SHORTNAME.DOMAINNAME by hostname OK [ OK ]
DNS query result too long: 2 lines [FAILED]
FQDN DNS resolution NOT OK [FAILED]
SHORTNAME DNS resolution NOT OK [FAILED]
reached is different from opentouch.anew.com.ve.
Reverse DNS resolution NOT OK [FAILED]
GATEWAY definition found in /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-br0
[ OK ]

Some problems were found on this system:
DNS query result too long: 2 lines
FQDN DNS resolution NOT OK
SHORTNAME DNS resolution NOT OK
Reverse DNS resolution NOT OK

Don't try to install the Alcatel software before a clean run of /tmp/checkSystemLinux.sh
Current status of the system is NOT READY [FAILED]
End of checkSystemLinux
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Regards to all.

AFLORES

Re: OT New Instalation.

Post by joao.carlos »

Hi aflores,

if you don't know how to solve dns problems, maybe you will need help from your dns server administrator.

OT, to be installed, need to solve the DNS queries that worked (localhost.localdomain) and the hostname in short and full names for your server.

So, in your case, it has to solve:

opentouch.anew.com.ve -> IP ADDRESSS
opentouch -> SAME_IP_ADDRESS

and when dns server (10.0.7.127 from your output) is queried about the reverse address (DNS name for IP_ADDRESS_OF_OPENTOUCH) it has to return opentouch.anew.com.ve

Queries for name can be checked with:

$> nslookup opentouch.anew.com.ve
$> nslookup opentouch
$> nslookup -type=ptr IP_ADDRESS_OF_OPENTOUCH

All these three dns queries have to work!

Hope it helps.
---
joao.carlos
ACSE OXE R12 | ACSE OpenTouch R2 | ACSE OXO Connect R2 | ACSE OmniVista 8770 R3 | ACFE OmniSwitch R6/R7/R8 | ACSE OTCS R8.2
ACPS IP Telephony R12 | ACPS OpenTouch R2 | ACPS Data Networks R6/R7 | ACPS OTCS R8.2
aflores

Post by aflores »

Hello Joao.

Thanks for your quick repply.

As you said, I already talked with the DNS administrator and He did all the configuration needed. We dont now why it was not working. So the DNS administratos erase all the configuration already done, rreiniciated the server, do again the same configuration and now it is working fine some it seems to be something in the DNS server tat was blocking or somethin the configuration.

Thanks again.

AFLORES

Post by joao.carlos »

good 2 know it's working!
good luck!
---
joao.carlos
ACSE OXE R12 | ACSE OpenTouch R2 | ACSE OXO Connect R2 | ACSE OmniVista 8770 R3 | ACFE OmniSwitch R6/R7/R8 | ACSE OTCS R8.2
ACPS IP Telephony R12 | ACPS OpenTouch R2 | ACPS Data Networks R6/R7 | ACPS OTCS R8.2
aflores

Post by aflores »

Hello Joao.

As I said before, we already solve the issue with the DNS.

After that, the complete installation goes right without any trouble.

Also I did the wizard and all the wizard procedure was fine too.

After the server initilization, I got truble with the Omnivista since the 8770VM is not taking the IP configuration parameters done duriong the wizard.

The OXE took all the IP@ and name configuration properly, there is no trouble with the OXE.

The trouble with the OmnivistaVM is that, it is not taking the IP@ configuration done during the wizard so the Omnivista it is not working.

As a VM yes it is working, I can get in to the Windows system but as son as trying to execute the OV Client y got some error so I verified the IP@ configuration and I noticed that the vm took the IP@ show on the image attached so the Vm8770 did not take the IP@ configuration done during the wizard.

I did a new installation again but I got the same issue with the OV.

Any ideas to solve this issue.

Thanks.

AFlores
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post by joao.carlos »

Which login did you first connect to OV8770?
---
joao.carlos
aflores

Post by aflores »

Hello.

When I open the oxe vm it doesn't ask mi for a y user just getin inmeddiatly to Windows.

Is that what you'r asking?

Regards

AFLORES

Post by joao.carlos »

Actually the first login you have to do on Windows is with the 'ice' (maintenance) login to run the scripts that customize your windows installation.
---
joao.carlos
aflores

Post by aflores »

What should I do if the vm 8770 did not ask me to introduce any user (admin or ice)?

Post by joao.carlos »

Well, documentation states that it will ask for a login.
If it does not, try to logoff manually and make the login again, to see if the scripts will be run!
---
joao.carlos

Return to “MAIN”