GRE tunnel configuration

dushanraman

GRE tunnel configuration

Post by dushanraman »

Hi folks,

Could anyone provide some insight on how to configure a GRE tunnel between 2 x 7705 nodes.

I was only able to find configs to intergrate SDP to use GRE tunnel, but nothing of how to create a GRE tunnel.

Would be great if someone could provide an example or just point out what needs to be done.

Thank you.
thekotaksampah

Re: GRE tunnel configuration

Post by thekotaksampah »

Hi,

I think in Nokia Router to create GRE tunnel, we just use that you mention above.

Thank You
Technical Blog: ngoprek.achyarnurandi.id
dushanraman

Post by dushanraman »

Hi Thanks for that will try to implement it and see how it goes.

Appreciate the confirmation.
dushanraman

Post by dushanraman »

thekotaksampah wrote:Hi,

I think in Nokia Router to create GRE tunnel, we just use that you mention above.

Thank You
Thanks mate, I tested this and it worked, pretty straightforward thats what confused me the most. It was too simple to configure so was wondering whetehr I was missing something.

Appreciate your response.

Cheers!
jhonnyeriksson

Post by jhonnyeriksson »

Hello,

Do you have any example configuration for standard GRE tunnel setup in 7750SR? I cant find one in the regular 7750SR configuration guides. Is it required to have a ISA module?

Thanks, Best Regards
DoobieHowserMD

Post by DoobieHowserMD »

You do not need an ISA card to create a GRE tunnel for a SDP. Here is an example of configuring the SDP over GRE:

configure service sdp <sdp-id> create
far-end x.x.x.x/x
no shutdown
exit

Then you will type in show service sdp and the list will show you the Delivery Method which will say GRE. The default configuration of a SDP is to be attached to a GRE tunnel. You have to change the command in order to bind it over LDP/RSVP. That would look something like configure service sdp <sdp-id> mpls create.
lo0

Post by lo0 »

Specify the desired Transport/Delivery Type (in our case, GRE) when creating the SDP.

configure service sdp <$sdp_id> gre crete

Return to “7705 SAR”