Switch has STOPPED responding to Omnivista.

doctora

Switch has STOPPED responding to Omnivista.

Post by doctora »

I get this message on some of my switches. Then a couple minutes later I get a response that the switch has resumed responding. There is very minimal activity going on at this time. This happens hundreds of times a day. I hear no complaints from users and I see no errors in the log files. I am not sure where to start looking to attempt to resolve this problem.

Thanks in advance
Mark
one6f

Re: Switch has STOPPED responding to Omnivista.

Post by one6f »

Hi Mark,
I saw such behavior earlier by 3.4 on an old weak server. Since 3.5 on a new server have greatly reduced.
wolverineZena

Post by wolverineZena »

Hi,
I have the same problem on Omnivista 2500 NMS.
Every 4/5 minutes Omnivista generates these two notifications about many different switches (different Model and different firmware version):
- alaOvSwitchDown Switch has STOPPED responding to OmniVista: Couldn't send SNMP message (Timeout or Authentication Problem).
- alaOvSwitchUp Switch has resumed responding to OmniVista.

This continuos UP & DOWN of switches doesn't allow me to monitot the real status of my network (over 200 devices recorded in Omnivista).
Devices aren't really DOWN, in fact if I didn't wait the notification "alaOvSwitchUp", but manually polling the node, it become UP again!
Can someone help me?

Thanks

Andrea
one6f

Post by one6f »

slowly sever? try to increase snmp time out
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “OmniVista 2500/2700 v3.4 and older”