OXO - External calls are not ringing on the 4018 IP Phone Randomly

alewk

OXO - External calls are not ringing on the 4018 IP Phone Randomly

Post by alewk »

Hi,

I am facing a strange issue with my OXO. I have 4 analog lines connected to APA card on the PBX. Users are complaining that sometimes when the customers are calling the landline the call is not ringing on the reception phone. This was all working fine till some days back.

The system is configured to route incoming calls to voice mail if no one picks up in 12 seconds, so after 12 seconds the voice greeting is played and the customer is given the option to record voice message. This works normally, but during random times the incoming calls are not landing on the extension and at that specific time the caller keeps getting the ringing tone on their side until the call ends without the system playing the voice greeting and giving the option to record a voice message.

I am at loss of troubleshooting this problem. I am seeking advice from Alcatel experts on this forum. What can be the cause of this?

mustafa.ahmad

Re: OXO - External calls are not ringing on the 4018 IP Phone Randomly

Post by mustafa.ahmad »

Maybe the voice mail answering has limited number of ports ( Eg: 2) . So if you get 3rd call, it does not get connected to the voice message.

Return to “GENERAL”