Opera Connection

pgemelgo

Opera Connection

Post by pgemelgo »

Hi

Can the OXO integrate directly into Opera PMS software like an OXE does, or do we need anything in between?

Thanks

Pedro
Krusty65
Alcatel Unleashed Certified Guru

Post by Krusty65 »

Depending on the age of the OxO you would need to have either OHL (Omnipcx Hospitality Link) which is a combined V24 (for metering tickets) and Ethernet (for PMS) solution.

The newer versions >=5.x use the OLD which is all Ethernet.

I know of integration into R3.0 of Opera and there is a Inter Working Report available on the BPWS

K.
When I was a boy of fourteen, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around.
But when I got to be twenty-one, I was astonished at how much the old man had learned in seven years.
Bjarne

Post by Bjarne »

Neither Fidelio or Opera run over IP, both use V24. Micros is blaming ALU for bad IP implementation which of course is pure bull.
pgemelgo

Post by pgemelgo »

Thanks guys

the guys here that work with Opera say that they need costing from the OXO on hotel tickets, does the OXO do this?

Pedro
libexec

Post by libexec »

Hi Pedro
Here in Argentina, all implementations I've seen of Fidelio / Opera uses a "middleware" - a PC with a costing software that receives the call information from OXO (V.24) and calculates the costs to pass the info to Fidelio / Opera in its own format.

In spanish, just in case my bad english is... well, just too bad:
Las implementaciones con que me he encontrado siempre usan una PC en el medio, que recibe la información desde la OXO (usualmente vía V.24), la pasan por algún software de tasación y luego envía la información otra vez por V.24 al servidor de Fidelio / Opera. Esa PC la suelen llamar "servidor de interfaces", y también suele estar dedicado a cargar por ejemplo los costes de restaurante, bar, etc. He visto esto con centrales Alcatel, Nec y SIEMENS.

Saludos!
pgemelgo

Post by pgemelgo »

Hi libexec

Your english and spanish is perfect :-)
Thanks for the reply, I just wanted to confirm that the OXO outside of Africa has the same requirements with PMS integration.

Cheers!
bigmac

Post by bigmac »

Billing is always 3rd party with Opera. However you can link Opera & OXO over IP see attached.
MicrosFidelio-Opera3.0_OmniPCXOfficeR5.0%2526R6.0_IWR_ed01[1].pdf
pay particluar attention to appendix B which outlines the OXO config requirements
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
tot3nkopf

Post by tot3nkopf »

In Opera billing is an additional package, usually not provided by sales people. That's why Opera techs always demand cost information from PBX.
PuGZopf

Post by PuGZopf »

Hi guy,

you ned the licence "metering over IP" and in OLD you have to install in Hotel MOde.

Trust me, it works.

There are some spezial thinks to need to be known.

Opera shouldn´t send a language id ( 0 - 3 ) for a language not installed on the oxo.
If you have only two language ( maybe english and France ) you only can send on check in over opera Language code 0 or 1.

PM me for futher informations
MarcN

Re: Opera Connection

Post by MarcN »

Dear Admin,

Could you reactivate or reupload the file?

I am trying to do the same thing right now - integrate an OXO from 2011 with a new MICROS OPERA system.

Thanks!

Return to “Hotel mode”