IPView MOS calculation

This is an ticket analyzing software for IP Tickets generated by your favorite PBX. If you have any question, feel free to ask Mr_Sven !
bibou

IPView MOS calculation

Post by bibou »

I'm currently using IpView 2.0.2 software for network investigations and we are trying to create a kind of "script" that would automically display the MOS score for a given number of the PBX.
I would need the MOS calculation method Or formula to obtain the same MOS score obtained throught the IPview software but just decoding the IP.DAT files.

Could someone help us with that? I'll share the script once finished if you are interested.

Thanks
ACSE OXE R9/R10 certified
Arkoon firewall ACSA certified
Omniswitch R6 for IP Telephony certified
alex

Re: IPView MOS calculation

Post by alex »

bibou wrote:I would need the MOS calculation method Or formula to obtain the same MOS score obtained throught the IPview software but just decoding the IP.DAT files.
Could someone help us with that? I'll share the script once finished if you are interested.
Of
Yes IP*.DAT files do not provide MOS values. You should calculate them from the network performance data.
Of course it's better to ask Mr_Sven directly what math. model he used but I think this is very good point to start An Explanation of VoIP Statistics
If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck.

Return to “ipview analyzer”