PCSCOPY Fails - Bad PCS Soft. Release error

jeremy13400

PCSCOPY Fails - Bad PCS Soft. Release error

Post by jeremy13400 »

Hello everyone,

I have a problem with a PCS not able to perform pcscopy on a remote site. I saw a topic talking about the same problem but after some tests, i can say for sure that the problem isn't related to firewall or customer network.
The AS and PCS use R11 (k1.520.22.b), it was working fine before the PCS had a HDD problem and i replaced it. I didn't change configuration (netadmin - Hosts are OK, i can ping both with hostnames etc...). The customer uses Trusted Hosts and SSH security but didn't change config as well.
I thought it was a problem with some ports being blocked by the firewall (already opened 32640 + 22 + 513-1023 found in IP flows document) so I tried to bring PCS on local site, unplugged CPU Standby from network and plugged it directly to the PCS and tried to perform pcscopy, got exactly same error...
PCS is in inactive state, the mechanism is working properly, only thing not working is pcscopy.
I checked everything 3 times and it seems correct, the release is the same on both PCS and AS, OPS are OK, Hosts file is OK.
Second problem is i can't seem to be able to bring inactive state on PCS whitout manually copying the DB from the AS to the PCS, maybe that's the reason why pcscopy is not working since documentation says i shouldn't do that but i already tried it multiple times (when i had ftp problems on VPN for example) and it worked fine.
I have a total of 5 PCS on my OXE, located in different places, and it's the only one not working...
I upgraded the release from R10.1 to R11 two months ago, not sure if it's related or not, it worked fine right after upgrading and until 2 weeks ago when the HDD died.

Did someone experience the same problem or know a solution?
Thanks!
tgn

Re: PCSCOPY Fails - Bad PCS Soft. Release error

Post by tgn »

is there a security patch installed in the AS?

regards...
--- back to basics... focus your eyes to the essential things... ---
jeremy13400

Post by jeremy13400 »

No, it's the "classic" release, nothing special as far as i know.
jeremy13400

Post by jeremy13400 »

I finally found the solution so if anyone ever has the same problem here it is :

Enabling security + SSH on an OXE generates a file "known_hosts" under /DHS3bin/mtcl/.ssh (CS side) where u can find the SSH key of every PCS and CPU's of your system.
The problem is when you replace the HDD of a PCS, this key change and you can't use SSH anymore (and pcscopy fails too since it's using ssh to backup the database...)
In order to make it work, you have to find the new key (in the known_hosts file, PCS side) and copy it to the known_hosts file of the CS (be careful f you copy/paste it with windows editor it won't work most likely because it's a linux file and the format isn't the same)

Hope it helps.
tgn

Post by tgn »

ok thanks for information. i thought the same, but was not sure about the right file (there is a known_hosts file in /usr2/soft_inst/.ssh too ;) )
maybe delete the known_hosts file (or the line with pcs in this file) will do it work too.

regards...
Schpice

Post by Schpice »

tgn wrote:is there a security patch installed in the AS?

regards...
Hello everybody,

I got the same problem than you, I have checked with firewall and nothing seems to be drop. But you're speaking just above about security patch. I working in a encrypted environnment and then I have a security patch installed on my PCS. Does it change something ??

regards
ACSE ICS R6 Certified
tgn

Post by tgn »

no, i've asked just because one of My colleagues went to a customer site with a new harddisk. then he was trying to install a pcs with new harddisk on a AS with security. but he forgot to install the security patch on the new pcs installation. in sumary the pcs fails on pcscopy. it works after installation of the security patch on the pcs.

regards...

Return to “Passive Communication Server”