Encryption - Thales

shantanu

Encryption - Thales

Post by shantanu »

I have few query on Security feature in OXE R9.1,

1. What is the connectivity diagram between Appliance Server, SSM-RM & Data Switch in case of duplicated link & duplicated server (active & standby) require?
2. Can OXE single Appliance Server connect with two SSM-RM module in case of we need duplicated IP link to data switch?
3. What is the BHCC in case of SSM-RM module connect with Appliance Server?
krzysioD
Alcatel Unleashed Certified Guru

Post by krzysioD »

Good questions, what is your appliance model? Not all models support Ethernet level of redundancy.
Ask your ALU Vendor, I love to hear some answer for this!
As i see it, it should work with two SSMs, but what will do one SSM when almost no data will come on Ethernet secured port, it will simply 'work' or it will reboot of because no data ?
shantanu

Post by shantanu »

The appliance Server is commercially-of-the-self IBM or HP Make. Both the server model has duplicated Ethernet port & the needs is both server are connected with duplicated data switch separately. At the same time client needs security feature.

Now the question is,
1. Whether one server can be connected with two different data switch via two separate SSM-RM box? (as single SSM-RM having single encrypted Ip link)
2. Similarly other redundant server connected with two different data switch via two separate SSM-RM box? (as client needs server to distributed in two different location with connectivity redundancy at each location separately).

regds,...
krzysioD

Post by krzysioD »

shantanu wrote:The appliance Server is commercially-of-the-self IBM or HP Make. Both the server model has duplicated Ethernet port.
I do know what appliance server is.
But maybe you don't know that:
x305
x306
that are off the shelf IBMs, don't support ethernet redundancy with ALU OXE software.
It's not that every appliance has ethernet redundancy even when server has two NIC ports you can't assume that redundancy is working. Same with RAID-1.
shantanu

Post by shantanu »

The Appliance Server model is either IBX3250M3 or HP DL320G6.

1. Does those model supports ethernet link redundancy between single Server with duplicated Data Switch at Location-1 & Redundant Server with another sets of duplicated Data Switch at Location-2?
2. Does those models are supported IP link redundancy? If yes, what solution in case client is looking for security feature in case of SSM-RM has to be given.
3. Also send me the link/website where i can get detail connectivity diagram for such requirements.

regds.....

Return to “Security and Access Control”