Unable to register Handset with IP DECT

jeremy13400

Unable to register Handset with IP DECT

Post by jeremy13400 »

Hello,

I'm trying to install IP DECT with latest OXE release (on OTBE 2.2) & DAP Manager : R11.2.1 / l2.300.29.b & R6.21. But im facing an issue.
APs are in service but I can't register any set (I tried non-Alcatel sets as SIP Extension & 8232 as GAP+ but none of them worked).
I've already installed a few IP DECT systems before, but this time I have spatial redundancy enabled. I followed the tech docs about it so I believe that our configuration is fine.
Before installing the system at my customer, we tried to make it work in lab - and it did. I could register 1 Handset and it still works now that the whole system is in service. Only the registration of new sets fails.

I also have some random multicast issues appearing ans disappearing but it only seems to affect sets status gathering, right? I don't think this is linked in any way but it might since it's clearly written in prerequisites that it's important?

Unfortunately, I don't know any command that could help me checking what is going wrong with the registration. Are there any?

Has Anyone experienced this before ? I didn't try to reinstall DAP Manager yet but I read that it resolved some other issues on the forum, maybe that's what I should do...

Thank you for reading!
Vikas

Re: Unable to register Handset with IP DECT

Post by Vikas »

Hi Jeremy,

I have faced these kind of issues in the past on the IP-DECT solution.
Well the user types you have configured in the OXE (sip extension- for third party sets and GAP+ - for alcatel sets such as 8232, 8242 and DECT400) is correct.
Do you get any error such as 408 for the user on IP-DECT manager during registration? I guess the user is not registered in the sipregister of the OXE
This normally happens when there is problem with the authentication.

Possible reasons and solutions:
===========================
1) Check if you have configured anything under SIP realm for authentication on the IP-DECT configuration, if so ===> Remove realm settings, save and restart the configuration. Also, at the same time make sure that you have done 'SIP none' on the OXE side under mgr>SIP ... I guess under SIP proxy.
2) Check if the PARI value configured valid (it should start with 1). Better to configure the same PARI value on both OXE and DAP configurator.

Let me know the outcome.

Regards,
Vikas
Regards,
Vikas
jeremy13400

Post by jeremy13400 »

Hello,

Thank you for your answer.

I double checked everything and I have no authentication configured whatsoever.
I did some more testing today and I could register some sets after rebooting the AP. The problem is that it works 3 minutes then it starts failing again. Once the set is registered everything works fine but I have to reboot the AP everytime I want to register a new set which is quite annoying :lol:

I configured a port mirroring with the AP and everything seems to be working fine, traces are the same before and after the issue. Only the "PDU : Service Request" paquet is not being sent when I register the set after a while.

I tried with/whitout spanning tree enabled on the switch port, I tried on multiple switches and it apparently does exactly the same everywhere.
It could possibly be working a LITTLE better when the AP is connected on the same switch than the DAP Manager but im not quite sure, it's kinda random...

Any ideas?

I also checked the PARI configured in the DAP Manager and it seems correct, starting with 1 (HEXA format). I didn't put it in OXE tho, where should I configure this? IBS PARI?
Vikas

Post by Vikas »

Do you mean that the issue is resolved now?
The PARI value configuration on the OXE is not mandatory though for the IP-DECT solution. However, you can configure it under IBS system.
Note: The PARI value for IBS TDM-DECT and IP-DECT is same?
Are the routers and switches transparent to multicast?
What are the type of DAPs used in the site? 4080 or 8340
Regards,
Vikas
jeremy13400

Post by jeremy13400 »

Hello,
Do you mean that the issue is resolved now?
The issue isn't resolved, I just found a workaround but it doesn't even work anymore.
The PARI value configuration on the OXE is not mandatory though for the IP-DECT solution. However, you can configure it under IBS system.
Note: The PARI value for IBS TDM-DECT and IP-DECT is same?
I didn't configure the PARI value yet but I think I would have to put different values in IP DECT PARI and IBS PARI since IP DECT doesn't accept standard PARI format, only hexadecimal, right?
Are the routers and switches transparent to multicast?
I enabled multicast on every switch, I don't need mutlicast routing since I only have 1 subnet per site (multiple subnet configuration - Headquarter + Branch offices via WAN)
What are the type of DAPs used in the site? 4080 or 8340

I have 6 IP dect areas connected via WAN, one being main (where DAP manager is located). The switch configurations are the same everywhere but I only have multicast issues on 2 sites -> The main one and another one where I have 2 DAPs (I only have 1 DAP/site elsewhere).

I tried registering a new handset on a site where I DO NOT have multicast issues and it works perfectly but when I try to register a new handset on one of the 2 sites where multicast issues are present, it doesn't work so im pretty sure my problem is linked to multicast but I really don't know how to resolve this...
I configured Multicast TTL = 1 in my subnets on the DAP Manager, I believe it is the correct choice with our topology. Anyway, I tried configuring 32 instead and it didn't change anything.

I also tried to reinstall a new DAP manager on my laptop and to connect one of the DAP to it. The issue is still the same.

I don't really know what to do now... any ideas?!

silmarilion

Post by silmarilion »

Hello,
I want to register a new 8232 IP Dect on my System but when I try to add the subscriber in my OXO the "IP DECT set" field is not available! I cannot add a new subscriber... There is 9 handsets 8232 already registered, and there is 233 free DECT/PWT subscribers! Any ideas?

Thanks a lot!

Return to “PWT/DECT System”