Mount Floppy

ortega

Post by ortega »

Hi! Thanks for the answer! What is the file system used by chorus? Does someboy know?
alurfe

Post by alurfe »

Chorus o.s. = Unix systemV

BEST REGARDS
ortega

Post by ortega »

Hi!

Thanks. Chorus OS uses, in fact, System V. I found out that the partitions the system has (expressed in the file /etc/fstab) uses S51K and S54K.

/ -> /dev/dsk/0s1 uses S51K

The others use S54K (/usr2, /usr3, /usr4 and /usr7).

I would like to mount this disk in a PC. Is that possible in a PC with Linux? How can I mount a disk in S51k? Is there any program in Windows that recognize this file system?

Thanks for your attention.
alurfe

Post by alurfe »

i' ve tryed some programs, but i've access only to EXT2. for access to SystemV i've used LINUX.

best regards
we were not made in order living like brutes, but in order to follow virtue and acquaintance.
ortega

Post by ortega »

Hi, alurfe!

Can any distribution of Linux mount System V file systems? What did you use? Any special configuration?

Thanks.
alurfe

Post by alurfe »

i've used DAMN SMALL LINUX 2.0.4, it is a live linux distro, it is very easy to use.

best regards
we were not made in order living like brutes, but in order to follow virtue and acquaintance.
ortega

Post by ortega »

Hi again, alurfe! I followed your adviced and used DAMN SMALL LINUX 3.0.1. It mounts my pen drive when It starts with the pen connected but doesn't mount the disk (I connect it to the PC using USB). I tried to mount the disk using

mount -t S51K /dev/sda2 /mnt/sda2

but it says to me that the kernel doesn't support this file system.

How did you manage to mount the disk with this Linux distribution?

Thanks for your attention.
alurfe

Post by alurfe »

try with mount -a /dev/fd0 /mnt/floppy or mount -t sysv /dev/fd0 /dev/floppy .

i don't remember if DSL read that floppy's filesystem or i've a modified DISTRO. My pc is dead and a lot of things are dead with him.
i've do it one time 2 years ago.

best regards.
ortega

Post by ortega »

Hi!

I was trying to mount the Alcatel 4400's hard disk, but with no success. Also, I couldn't mount the floppy. That distro supports sysv as I can see in /proc/filesystems but when I make

mount -t sysv /dev/fd0 /mnt/floppy

I get the message

mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/fd0, or too many mounted file systems.

I guess I will never accomplish this :(. I think floppy's filesystem is S54K but I don't know if the parameter sysv would be enough to the system to mount the floppy.

I never thoght it would be so hard to mount a single floppy. And if i use a Unix system to mount the hard disk? Any sugestion?

Thanks, again.
alurfe

Post by alurfe »

i'm sorry can't help you. Mount the floppy on Unix is a good idea. I would have one curiosity: why you want mount floppy ?

best regards

Return to “System”