Actis asking to do an upgrade for OXE

Alcatel Configuration Tool for International Sales -all ACTIS related topics, how-to's, tips and tricks.
enio.eltz

Actis asking to do an upgrade for OXE

Post by enio.eltz »

Hi

We have an OXE R7.1-f5.401-33-br-c0s1 and our commercial team are trying to do a budget for one PCS through ACTIS. They told me ACTIS is asking to do an unpgrade to R9.1 . I tried a test at ACTIS, I change the number of Z sets for central area from 250 to 251 and ACTIS is still asking to do an upgrade.
Why must I need to do an upgrade if my system is working very fine with R7.1?

Thanks in advanced.
Enio Eltz Filho
ACFE OXE R12
ACFE OXO C R3
Mr T

Post by Mr T »

Something isn't right, Actis will only force an upgrade if its required for a feature.
oldboy
Alcatel Unleashed Certified Guru

Post by oldboy »

What version of Actis are you using? Do you still have 7.1 in the release list if not it will always ask you to upgrade the system, if you dont want to upgrade go to earlier version of Actis and complete the work!
Mr T

Post by Mr T »

What version of Actis are you using? Do you still have 7.1 in the release list if not it will always ask you to upgrade the system, if you dont want to upgrade go to earlier version of Actis and complete the work!
I've never had Actis force an upgrade unless it was required for something else I added. I've never had to use older release to do my quotes either.
oldboy

Post by oldboy »

I have when the version no longer exists in the list of releases i have found it foces an upgrade.
bigmac

Post by bigmac »

I have latest version and tested add-on with site on R 6 and no upgrade forced..can you post a screenshot?
enio.eltz

Post by enio.eltz »

Hi people

Thanks a lot for all answers you posted. I received this information of mandatory upgrade from our distribuitor. As I'm not expert in ACTIS for OXE I did this questions about the upgrade. I collected the OPS files from OXE ( DHS3Dyn\backup\ops ) again and I did the expansions I wanted and it didn't ask to upgrade this time. Well, I sent these OPS files to our distribuitor and I said them for me it didn't ask to upgrade. Let you know the end of this situation.

Best regards.
Enio Eltz Filho
ACFE OXE R12
ACFE OXO C R3
rubrio

Post by rubrio »

Hello,
In the bussiness partner website you can found a document about life cycle policy of products. It explains the different needs about releases to make adds and ampliations. And its true, depending your Actis version you would be able to do it or not one or other kind of adition, but at the end, you will have to put the order in BPWS to verify if it can be bought.
If you want it, I can send you the last document (release policy info ed16a).

Bye!
enio.eltz

Post by enio.eltz »

Hi

This problem was solved. There were some bad informations in the OPS and ACTIS like a MG with 208 analog set but ACTIS shows 16. After the distribuitor corrects these information ACTIS stopped asking an upgrade.

Thanks a lot.
Enio Eltz Filho
ACFE OXE R12
ACFE OXO C R3

Return to “ACTIS”