Mobile Omnitouch phones on Cisco AP's

timmyb12345

Post by timmyb12345 »

Good Evening all,

My background is not one of a PBX but from a Cisco routing and switching one. My site has an Alcatel OXE with VoIP licences. We have a couple of IP touch 4008's running fine and dandy on a seperate VLAN.

I am wanting to move onto mobile VoIP phones through WLAN. I have numerous Cisco Aironet AP's. I have created an SSID and VLAN especially for mobile units.

The company which provides support for our OXE is trying to push an SVP server onto us in order for the MIPT phones to work but I am not entirely sure that we need it and the last thing I want to do is complicate the system.

How does the MIPT (specifically the 8118 and 8128 phones) work? Do you configure the wireless network settings into each unit manually and let the DHCP process run as per the 4008 VoiP phones? In that case do I actually need an SVP server? I have taken care of QoS so thats not a problem.

Can someone shed some light on this for me?

Many Many Thanks

Tim
Chris-tian-Baden

Re: Mobile Omnitouch phones on Cisco AP's

Post by Chris-tian-Baden »

Has somebody the old Interop Guides? I´ve just in moment the same problem, MIPT at an Cisco WLAN infrastrukture.
ACFE ICS, ACFE AOS, ACFE OAW
tgn

Post by tgn »

They are on Businesspartnerwebsite. If you don't have a login ask your Alcatel-Lucent Business partner.

Regards...

Return to “Mobile IPTouch Phones (MIPT)”