NAC solutions

doctora

NAC solutions

Post by doctora »

We are looking to implement a nac solution and I just talked to a company named bradford which probably makes excellent products but wow expensive. I did a search and investigated PacketFence but they do not list alcatel as a supported switch. Does anyone know of any other nac solutions that will work with alcatel equipment?

Thanks again
Mark
cedric1

Re: NAC solutions

Post by cedric1 »

hello

Cybergatekeeper product

look enterprise portal on alu web site

http://enterprise.alcatel-lucent.com/?s ... e=Homepage
doctora

Post by doctora »

Thanks I will look into it.
benny

Post by benny »

The cool thing about CyberGatekeeper is that it supports any network infrastructure. You don't need switches with 802.1x or whatever to make it work. The mode is called "DNAC" (Dynamic NAC).

Whenever you upgrade your switches to OmniSwitch 6400, OmniSwitch 6850 or OmniSwitch 6855 you'll be able to use the even more sophisticate mode called "Host Integrity Check" where the switch denies access based on ACLs. Very smart solution and better than anything I've seen so far on the market. All other solutions have to move you to another vlan (so called quarantine vlan) where you need to get a new IP address .... (very bad user experience)

-benny
Regards,
Benny
doctora

Post by doctora »

I was talking about this with another network/programmer guy and we saw that on some NACs they switch a persons Vlan. In order to do this the NAC would have to order the pc to acquire another IP address. We were trying to figure out how that happens. I know this has nothing to do with this forum and you can feel free to ignore this post and just read it as "thanks for the help".

Mark
benny

Post by benny »

Mark,

I wrote in my previous post that there are *better* solutions than changing the VLAN.

I recommend to have a look at the following website (which is actually a product sold through Alcatel-Lucent in partnership).

http://orb.infoexpress.com/alu/
http://infoexpress.com/pads/demovideo.php

-benny
Regards,
Benny
doctora

Post by doctora »

I understand and we are talking to our vender about cybergateway. I was just interested in how it was done.

thanks
Whipster

Post by Whipster »

Hey Everyone,

Has anyone had any luck with trying Microsoft NPS and NAP with OS6850E Switches running 802.1x. I am trying to piece together a NAC solution, and it looks like I can do it with NAP, just now sure if I need to enable HIC or not.

Return to “OmniSwitch 6600 / 7000 / 8800”