OmniPCX Office the possibilities of good old system

APresman

OmniPCX Office the possibilities of good old system

Post by APresman »

Hello experts (and colleagues-beginners),

My first question here, so please excuse if I don't provide directly all needed info.
For many year we are using OmniPCX OFFICE ( In Netherlands it was supplied under some KPN Telecom own name)
There are some development we did based on this system: linked PIMphony to our backoffice so that people can call from phonebook.
And the most important - incoming call via Pimphony start an application which is communicating with out backoffice and shows to the call-center agent all specific information about the recognized caller from the back office.
So the agents can take a phone or forward the call to another person (we use some available XML services of PBX for it)
Due to this deep integration we'd like to keep using it as long as it can.
But there are some things we miss. And I want to ask - do we miss it because it is not possible or because we are doing it not good.

For example.
1) Is there a way to get the current waiting time of ACD group ?
2) Is there a way to catch the incoming call already when it is in queue but before it was distributed to an agent

And to begin with the question number 0 - where I can find the right version number of our OmniPCX OFFICE?
KoenC

Re: OmniPCX Office the possibilities of good old system

Post by KoenC »

Dear APresman,

First of all, you can still upgrade your OmniPCX Office to the OXO Connect, which still supports PIMphony...
There are a lot of 3th party CTI application which can replace the CRM/backoffice application pop-up if needed.
So if you ever want to change platform, this should not be an issue.

0) Connect to the PBX by your OMC and check the SW Release (OMC > Data Saving & Swapping > SW-Downloading)
1) ACD Statistics Manager (additional license) can monitor waiting time, but doesn't display it live.
2) Can you specify your wish? This is not possible with call pickup, Alcatel-Lucent strongly recomments NOT to use call pick-up when using ACD. This messes up the call statistics.

PS. If you should ever migrate to an external contact center application (like for example Voxtron), your integration solution or any other 3the party CTI application, would not be affected. The TAPI and XML services do not conflict with the call routing.

Good luck,
If I'm ever on life support, unplug me. Then plug me back in, see if that works...

Return to “Beginner's questions about the OmniPCX OFFICE”