New IBS 4070 issue

milltownrover

New IBS 4070 issue

Post by milltownrover »

Hello,

I do not know if this is the right place for my issue, but I am not technically trained on these systems, so i figured it was better here.

I am trying to get a new Alcatel 4070 IBS to work on an existing system, on a known working connection. When I connect the new IBS, the LED stays solid red and "dectview IBS" from CLI shows the unit status as:

"2/03/04 neqt 437 RPN : 22 OUTSERV <6 channels> PWT V 1G 1.24 odd IDENT NORMAL"

All other IBS stations are configured for DECT V 2G49.04 and working properly, no other network problems.

I believe the issue is the PWT network config instead of DECT, but the new station doesn't seem to be told to change config.

I have tried connecting it to various known working ports where other 4070 units are connected and working, and always the status changes to PWT from DECT on whatever UI port the new 4070 is connected to.

I have tried using "dectrestart" ; "dh3_init -R IBS_DOWNLOAD" ; "outserv n <xxx>" then "inserv n <xxx>"

Do I need to restart OXE with "shutdown -r now"?

I am sure there is something simple I am missing, but i am not an Alcatel tech and we are just trying to get this system working properly, so any help is sincerely appreciated.
milltownrover

Re: New IBS 4070 issue

Post by milltownrover »

Nevermind. I'm an idiot. Realized the supplier sent us the wrong base station (PWT not DECT).

Sorry for wasting your time.
vad
Alcatel Unleashed Certified Guru
Alcatel Unleashed Certified Guru

Post by vad »

For me - it was interesting but I didn't know how can I help you. From my practice - if new DECT BS not works when connected instead of old BS - problem only with BS.
Just one question - when you connect PWt BS - in PBX was incident like "connected XXX instead of YYY"?
milltownrover

Post by milltownrover »

As I mentioned, I have no training on alcatel systems and have only been able to troubleshoot from what I have learned here on this forum and by reading whatever documentation I was able to find online. Our own IT people were not very helpful, and were not aware of the different base station type apparently. They only work with DECT units.

When I connected the base station, it would initially blink once or twice, and then go solid red. Looking at the PBX from CLI, I was able to see that the "dectview IBS" showed "PWT" instead of "DECT". I tried moving the station to various other known working locations, and every time the port would change to PWT. If I put an old base station in, it would change back to DECT AMD everything would work perfectly.

I mistakenly thought the base station would be told by the PBX what network type to use, and that the base stations are universal.

Return to “Beginner's questions about the Crystal Hardware”